Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
95821FA4-E9B6-401B-8C03-C2AA86EF1A25.jpeg
4E06E315-80F4-4F12-890C-61CAB8FE2EDF.jpeg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Unfortunately correct! Amazingly we were perfect when we were dating. Once we said “I do”, wives whole goal is to change us......
Too many men fail to realize that "I do" is only the beginning of the sentence. The full one is "I do whatever you want, and only what you want, forever, master."

and that there is an error in the vow words. Instead of saying "forsaking all others" it should read "forsaking all hope........."

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Too many men fail to realize that "I do" is only the beginning of the sentence. The full one is "I do whatever you want, and only what you want, forever, master."

and that there is an error in the vow words. Instead of saying "forsaking all others" it should read "forsaking all hope........."
Yes, because any married man understands-after the “I do’s-that her mother comes first........then, her Dad, then any other family members, then family dog......... & they wonder why men drink......

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes, because any married man understands-after the “I do’s-that her mother comes first........then, her Dad, then any other family members, then family dog......... & they wonder why men drink......
Reminds me of two old Henny Youngman Borsht Belt jokes (the kind you hear in the Jewish Clubs in the Catskills)

"Why do Jewish divorces cost so much? They're worth it."
"Why do Jewish men die before women? They want to."
And there is the Irish POV (This is actually an Irish song, even if it's being sung by a Newfie Group)

And from their own mouths

(this one's so popular there's versions in England, Scotland, Great Britain AND the Ozarks of the US, all with the same idea.)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most women just wish that the man she married stayed the way he appeared to be when she met him - capable of finding normal household things on their own, able to withstand a cold without 24hr nursing & a trip to the ER, giving gifts without resentment, planning surprises for the fun of it, carrying 1/2 of a conversation for more than 2 mins, able to purchase groceries, clothing and pay bills without supervision..... ya know - be an adult ;)

Latest posts