hurricane florence....

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
My mother's job as a young girl was to see that the oil lamp above the kitchen table was full ~ this was in the early 1900s ``` She said: " one night during dinner ~ the lamp when out ~ Grandfather there ( her father ) she was so ashamed ~ she said ~ she still was ~ in front of her daddy ```

God Love her and grandfather also ```

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
as of now florance will hit land around wilmington and is slipping to the south, so looks like it will impact more south carolina now, but they can change their prediction at any time between now and friday..

for here all we will get is some wind and a little rain......

still a prayer going out to everyone who will affected ....

Last edited:

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'd like to know about @moxies_chickienuggets .

Do we know where she is in South Carolina?

She was last on TEG advising @Nyboy on the pro's and con's of a move. I hope Moxie has considered her pro's and con's of staying in her home ... or, a vacation somewhere ELSE.

Ya know, it looks to me that some of these places like in Pennsylvania where they have had such an inordinate amount of rain - they could be in trouble if this storm brings them more.

Steve

Moxie signing in!!

Yesterday- they had the eye tracking right through our front yard. I mean.....on the dot! that was 11 am. By nightfall, it had downgraded. Phew. So......now that it is once again tracking NW, and downgraded from a 4 to a 2, we will be lucky if we get rain.

I had gotten busy yesterday with some pre-pre-prep stuff. Filling buckets with water, cleaning potable water containers, etc.....and totally forgot to come in here.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Moxie signing in!!

Yesterday- they had the eye tracking right through our front yard. I mean.....on the dot! that was 11 am. By nightfall, it had downgraded. Phew. So......now that it is once again tracking NW, and downgraded from a 4 to a 2, we will be lucky if we get rain.

I had gotten busy yesterday with some pre-pre-prep stuff. Filling buckets with water, cleaning potable water containers, etc.....and totally forgot to come in here.
Whew! is right! Glad that you checked in, we were getting worried about you. Hunker down and stay safe!

Latest posts