Lost my garden, job, and home!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It may be required that you get 2 week's notice of termination or perhaps not since you are getting severance pay, but a minimum of 28 day's notice is required for eviction from your residence. Of course, you will want to look for a new place and move as soon as possible, but I suspect the 3 days is more hopeful bluster on their part than legal standing.

My stomach sank when I read your post. I am so sorry that this is happening to you. Around here, the end of March is moving day -- end of rental contract -- for all the farming families. Of course, they know whether they will or won't be renting for the next year well before that date.

Even if your landlords knew this was coming, you should have recourse to getting your 28 day written notice.

I will be praying for you -- that you find a suitable place for your pets with room for a garden and that you find a job you like asap.:hugs

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just came in from working on the coop and Dew gave me this news. I'm speechless!

Wait, no I'm not. This is the biggest pile of horse sh1t I've ever heard of. Three days to move? Just who do those sorry SOB's think they are? I'm beside myself. I swear, if we had more time, I'd send you a few pounds of redroot pigweed seed to scatter around that place as you were leaving. Let them deal with that without a grounds keeper!

I'm glad you found a place for your cats. Now, find a good place for you. Keep us posted as much as possible and know in your heart that we are all praying for you and wishing you the very best.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh, this is heart-breaking! I'm so glad you have at least secured a place for your cats. I will proudly grow and preserve the beans you sent this winter.
Best of luck to you!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, do you have any doctor's appointments soon? You can always store your beans at my house if you need a place.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, I am so sorry to hear this is happening. I don't have any suggestions for you except to remain open to new possibilities. Surely someone in that land of milk and honey needs a good groundskeeper. I feel something great will come your way.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, I'm just struck dumb by this awful news. I'm so sorry friend.
:hugs
I'll join the others in praying that you get a job and a home with a garden spot very soon. I'm glad your cats will be safe.

PhilaGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Marshall, so sorry to hear your shocking news. This sounds terrible. I add my heartfelt wishes that this all works out for you and your cats, beans and belongings! One thing at a time, and it seems like you already are making progress. Please keep in touch; we look forward to hearing where you put new roots down.

Latest posts