Lowlife @#&^%*

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I drive a gravel road that is often a dumping ground. One day I came across a pie if tires in the ditch. Must have been more than 2 dozen tires in that load. Being in the ditch and not on someone's property, the county picked them up that same afternoon! (Real quick for them.) Like Bay says, pull it out to the road and call the county.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Zeedman I get the same from neighbors but for some reason there dumping rocks. leafs and branches don't bother me they are things natural to woodlands. Flowerbug we have to pay for trash pick up and they don't take heavy stuff. Big items you have to bring to dump and then pay by weight. CL is full of people you pay to haul stuff away, I have a feeling a lot of dumping is by them. Bay I have started fencing, 6 foot ceder fencing is expensive. I do 3 panels at a time, have a long way to go like the fake camera

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is not cool!
In my city it's free to bring to the dump. If you make an appointment the city even picks it up, for free! although in many others it is not, and you have to pay for both.

One province which borders with Germany is now picking up 21 ton weekly from dumpings along roads!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Zeedman I get the same from neighbors but for some reason there dumping rocks. leafs and branches don't bother me they are things natural to woodlands. Flowerbug we have to pay for trash pick up and they don't take heavy stuff. Big items you have to bring to dump and then pay by weight. CL is full of people you pay to haul stuff away, I have a feeling a lot of dumping is by them. Bay I have started fencing, 6 foot ceder fencing is expensive. I do 3 panels at a time, have a long way to go like the fake camera

it seems that if you have a dumping problem on your lot that there are others in the area who are also having that problem and it is due to trash not picking up big items. whoever contracts your trash hauling ask them to make it an issue for their next round of contract talks and then it will be taken care of and you won't have people dumping those things and besides even if they do it is covered and the trash people will haul it away. for what you and those others are paying it makes a lot more sense to pay a few extra $ each year and have it taken care of, which eliminates need for cameras, signs, fences, police reports, etc.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know you have all been waiting for my solution...:rolleyes:...
How about hot wire? The high tensile type with spring tensioners on the posts. (yes, I seem to have an electric obsession)

I did a landscape design and installation one year for a gal with a lot of acreage and horses. They had a problem with elk raiding the horses hay as well as their landscaping. If you think deer are bad they are nowhere near as destructive as a herd of elk.
They fenced their entire property with a stout electric fence. I don't know how much juice their charger put out, but she warned me against touching it. Apparently it packed quite a wallop.

upload_2018-7-2_6-42-28.jpeg

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know you have all been waiting for my solution...:rolleyes:...
How about hot wire? The high tensile type with spring tensioners on the posts. (yes, I seem to have an electric obsession)

I did a landscape design and installation one year for a gal with a lot of acreage and horses. They had a problem with elk raiding the horses hay as well as their landscaping. If you think deer are bad they are nowhere near as destructive as a herd of elk.
They fenced their entire property with a stout electric fence. I don't know how much juice their charger put out, but she warned me against touching it. Apparently it packed quite a wallop.

View attachment 27150
I was thinking barb wire like your suggestion better

Latest posts