Lowlife @#&^%*

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy : Amazon prime day is coming up. Get the fake cameras with a battery operated blinking red light. We bought them and have them down by our gate and all over the house. They are sold in 2, 4, 6 or 8 packs. They look totally real!!
I wanted an "Arlo" system, but my wifi here isn't strong enough to support it.

And I agree zoning laws protect not only the home owner but their neighbors also and a lot of them I'm for but a problem I'm dealing with now, I guess is a code more than a zoning issue. The barn I just had built, went by all the rules, but due to a misprint by the permitting office, my building is commercial instead of residential. That means it has to be able to sustain a wind shear of 150 mph. Now instead of a 4" concrete pad being plenty for what should have been a 120 mph building, it has to be on 12" x 12" footers anchored with 10" J-bolts every 16". We have started putting these in and are about 1/2 way finished but even though they made the mistake it was like sorry, but its In stone now.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
And I agree zoning laws protect not only the home owner but their neighbors also and a lot of them I'm for but a problem I'm dealing with now, I guess is a code more than a zoning issue. The barn I just had built, went by all the rules, but due to a misprint by the permitting office, my building is commercial instead of residential. That means it has to be able to sustain a wind shear of 150 mph. Now instead of a 4" concrete pad being plenty for what should have been a 120 mph building, it has to be on 12" x 12" footers anchored with 10" J-bolts every 16". We have started putting these in and are about 1/2 way finished but even though they made the mistake it was like sorry, but its In stone now.

are they doing that to also jack your taxes up?

@Lickbranchfarm Can we assume it wasn’t American Pickers?

My current home, I don't have an issue with people wandering onto my property because of Bo. My sons dog Bo is a mixed breed Saint Bernard and German Shepard mix. He is very smart and knows our property and where he should be and not be. Bo does not like strangers and they do their best to walk on the other side of the road when they walk by. He is not aggressive but is very, very intimidating to look at. This is my son and his best friend Bo.....

IMG_0356.JPG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm with you @baymule, I like being off the road far enough that if I don't want to look at another living soul, I don't have too. Inspector was out checking my building the other day, asked me about property lines and set backs, I told him to look as far as he could see in any direction, that's my property line Lol.
Had a person wander down my dirt road on my second gate few weeks back, I was running the tiller, looked up and notice someone that wasn't my clan coming towards me, This person walked past 2 posted signs, and a locked gate.....I was beyond furious. Usually people do this to take inventory of what you got so they can come back later and clean house. By the time I explained the reason for gates and posted signs and what they meant, they were ready to get away from me....and my 38 Lol.
How did they get passed the locked gate? Did they scale the fence?

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is just plain wrong.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
How did they get passed the locked gate? Did they scale the fence?

Mary

Gates are easy to climb. Barb wire fences are easy to crawl through. Fences don't do a whole lot to keep 2 legged trespassers out. That's why we have big outside dogs that bark a warning. So far, no one has tried to be that stupid. Neighbors and friends open the gate, drive through and close the gate. Trip, our male Great Pyrenees greets them and follows their truck or car to the house where he pees on their tires. LOL

Latest posts