New Grandbaby!!!!!!!!!!!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congradulations! It's nice that the waiting is over. Now you have one more thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
There is a young man in our town and his parents named him Diesel. As in diesel fuel, diesel truck........what were they thinking? or sniffing??
We have a Diesel in our school district. He has a younger sister named Semi. Not too sure what they were sniffing, but I have a good idea what they were thinking about.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
dewdropsinwv said:
The name came from the role playing game Dungeons and dragons! REALLY???? The one thing I am glad about is that she changed the spelling from Drizzt to Drist. Like I said I will just call him Lee :D
We planned to call Maverick "Rick" or "Ricky" when we first heard the name, but Mav or Maverick just seemed so right once we got to know him. His little sister couldn't say Maverick so she called him Mackie. Mackie ended up being his nick-name for quite a few years. Now that he's grown (at 12) he prefers Mav or Maverick.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
On the bright side, Dew, the name won't stand out as odd to anyone else in his age group. EVERYBODY is trying so hard to be original in their baby names nowadays, that all of them seem to just blur together. How about Blue? Or North? It's just a matter of time before someone goes with Thor. :rolleyes: Compared to some of the funky spellings and other names I've seen, Drist comes across as a rather solid name by comparison. Just enjoy his precious little self. I'm sure he'll grow into his name just fine or come up with a nickname he likes either way. I'm glad he is happy, healthy and here on time to enjoy the holidays with you. :hugs

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
She doesnt have a problem with me calling him Lee. I'm going with that! :D Just cant bring myself to say Drist right now. It may change down the road, but As long as his momma is Ok with me using his middle name, that's what I'll do. Her daughter's name is Tina Marie after her great aunt. So she is my tinabug!

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
how wonderful! I recently met a young man by the name of drate. ?? who knows where it came from. lee sounds perfect. happy for you!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seems there are more than a few little Thors in diapers running around out there, for real! 107 per one million boy babies were named Thor in 2013! AND even a couple of girl babies named Thor since 2011, when the first movie came out. :caf Now that is compared to 3 babies per one million with the name Drizzt in 2013 (but none with her spelling). Down from 8 per one million in the year 2000, which must have been when that chapter of D&D came out. :cool: So now we know...lol.

Latest posts