Pass the scalpel please Igor

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very early on in this thread I have photos of a gardenia that was multiplying. This is one of the plants that I separated and rooted; if you look closely the roots are visible in the gel. Next week I will pot this plant and begin acclimating it to live outside of the jar. Right now it is a miniature version of the donor plant, but it will begin growing normally once acclimated. For perspective, these are baby food jars.
jackb

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Gardenia veitchii project has been completed. From a small, less than half inch, piece of the donor plant, I have four nice gardenia plants. I could have had many more, but I do not have space for dozens of gardenia plants. Fascinating process indeed.
jacb

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
On a recent trip to Vermont we saw a beautiful bougainvillia plant, but it was really expensive, so I decided to try to grow one from seed. Finding the seeds was a challenge, however I found some and on 7/24/14 I planted one in culture. So far, so good.
jackb

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jack. Do you want a cutting of mine? I have the old standby pink. 25 plus years old and gives a beautiful show every winter. If you want some message me your address.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat,
I appreciate the offer but I am completely out of room for more plants. As for Bougainvillea, I have three plants, several seeds in process and two nodes in tissue culture. And, I have seven olive cuttings that have actually rooted and are just about ready to be placed in the greenhouse. That is just the new plants that I have to accommodate, and I was about at peak before I even started fooling with them. Thanks for thinking of me though I really appreciate the offer.
jackb

Latest posts