Say Cheese!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can we be more respectful of other's opinions even though they differ than ours? We don't need to go to name calling.

Mary
Grasshopper isn't exactly name calling. It is from a TV program where the teacher and the student had the utmost respect for each other. If @bobm is old enough to remember the series he would remember the kindness of the teacher and his love for the young Grasshopper.

@TheSeedObsesser may not know of the show and I suspect if he were more of my age, Grasshopper would not have been used. Smart as this young man is, bobm knows there is a lot more to learn as SeedO continues to grow, learn, and mature.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I thought that "grasshopper" was from Karate Kid. I also acknowledge that I have a lot more to learn. I was originally just trying to defend my views that I had (somewhat regrettably) posted in this thread.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought that "grasshopper" was from Karate Kid. I also acknowledge that I have a lot more to learn. I was originally just trying to defend my views that I had (somewhat regrettably) posted in this thread.
Don't stop putting your views out. It is important to hear other opinions for us (yes, the elders here, too) to develop and defend our own growing and changing views.

Don't regret defending what you believe, either. Just be aware that our friends here come from different backgrounds and may have had their views built upon experiences of their own. Realize contrary opinions not comments on you and some friends here are better at "discussions" than others.

Love ya!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't regret defending my beliefs, what I was regretting was starting an argument. I hate arguments. As for the thing about different backgrounds and experiences I highly agree.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought it was just a discussion of different opinions....we ought to be able to discuss these things here. We all have our convictions and sometimes those aren't shared by others on this forum. When we are defending what we believe is right it does get our adrenalin up and we may feel like we're getting piled on.

I think a lot of us have had that experience on TEG. But to one who doesn't have a dog in whatever fight, it may just look like an energetic conversation. And mostly I think we behave ourselves pretty well.

Cheese Louise Steve! Look what you've started! :D

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, I wish I was as eloquent with words as you. I still believe that my different background or experiences do not give me the right to be rude or disrectful of others.

I wonder if I should get a dog? hmmmm...:D

Mary

Latest posts