Say Cheese!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let's just agree that I was the rude one through attempts at sharing my views of what I perceived as factual information. Let's just agree that in my fervor, I made another member feel bad.

I apologize for my faux pas. Let's get back to "Carrots love Tomatoes" and grow together in the garden. There is no one on this site whose input I would want to lose over this debate.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
TEG has it over any other forum. Even when we "discuss" opposing views, we are polite to one another. This is the best group anywhere and every one of us is special and has something valuable to contribute. Opposing views? Not a problem here on TEG. If we were all the same, it would be BORING.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
So, fresh milk is great, we have a few cows, fresh cheese is great, or aged cheese made from fresh milk from a closed herd.

Attachments

• panier 2.JPG
    panier 2.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 121

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
As a life time in AG, I really love to read these threads and open, honest views of our food chain. We in Ag always lament over separation of producer and consumer.

I can't say that no one doesn't use commercial hormones but none of the dairies here do. Simple reason is economics. It "burns" cows out making them one cycle and gone. At $2500-3,000 each, not a good plan.

Show me a dairyman that doesn't treat a sick cow, and I'll show you someone who had better have a huge off the farm income.

Latest posts