SNOW IN TEXAS!!!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well made it up the driveway once in the truck, that was it compacked it, so put on the redneck chains on it so if i go to work tomorrow can at least get up to the main road and take them off. but they are calling for 16* tonight so all that slop will turn into ice....oh yeah..:hide

one thing i forgot to get yesterday was smokes cleared off the dw car<front wheel drive> it zipped right up the driveway once up there dang the main roads are a mess one car in the ditch and a tractor trailer spinning it's tires....

we have 3" now and still coming down....
IMG_0901[1].JPG

IMG_0904[1].JPG

@canesisters hope that truck gets out of there soon so you can get safely home..

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
A stuck garbage truck is no fun. It was part of my job to call wrecker trucks. Once a front loader flipped over on a major highway that took 3 of those BIG wreckers to pull back upright. Had to close down the highway, reroute traffic, it was a mess.

I hope they get the truck out soon and you can go HOME.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy funny you brought that up, i go by a blue bacon truck wash everyday. yesterday evening that place was backed up onto the road, now why would a driver pay 70.00 to wash their t/t knowing good darn well that it's going to be a mess on the roads doesn't matter which way they were going....go figure...

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Cindy Lou, 01-17-18.JPG
Oh yeah! Photoshop if necessary ...

Catch that dark horse galloping towards that sunrise!

Steve
Ok. THIS is the difference between TX and the Midwest. We have been having a real winter. For the past 5 days we have started below 0 degrees F and EVERYBODY, inCLUDING the animals is getting sick of it! My horses don't even want to play when I kick them out to do their stalls, and nobody needs to ask them to come back in.
Here are some pictures from this morning, when it was -4 degrees F. Btw, yesterday it was about 12 above but the wind chills were easily below zero. My gloves hadn't dried out and I had to run inside to get a different pair bc I was getting frostbite!! :epMy feet have been so warm with my new boots that I didn't think about my hands suffering. I had to run them under lukewarm water to get the feeling back. When I was done my chores my underclothes were soaking wet from sweat. The 2nd pair of gloves was still wet this morning, but the 1st pair was dry. I count on just hanging my socks and gloves on the boiler pipes in the basement, but it didn't work for my gloves. This perpetual cold is downright dangerous and I thoroughly respect those of you in WI and MI who get this cold every winter.
Here are my dirty but fat and healthy horses:
Cup & Cakes, 01-17-18.JPG Buster Brown,01-17-18.JPG

Latest posts