So Cute So Expensive So painfull

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, this is slightly off topic, but still about comfort. Lots of guys say they don't care about fashion, just comfort. But is there a limit? I see lots of guys in overalls. They may have a long beard and be wearing rubber boots even in dry weather. They may just have a tee shirt on under the overalls. Or maybe they are in Walmart in ill-fitting sweatpants, elastic cuffs way up on their ankles. They look comfortable.....Don't get me wrong, you see lots of women with inappropriately fitting clothes on too, but they are usually at least newer fashions, not something that has been in the closet for 30 years.
So I'm just wondering, is there a limit to how long you will wear the same old clothes? till they fall apart?
Is this what you mean?
http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013/02/the-30-funniest-people-of-walmart-photos/26

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so happy to be old enough not to care what I look like! Well, at least in the shoe arena. I absolutely will not wear shoes that hurt my feet. When I think of the heels I tiptoed around in, in my youth...yikes! I have been reading that if you put on thick socks and run a blow dryer on your shoes that are too tight- you can make them comfortable?? Haven't tried it- but it might work!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, with the beard fashionable right now, you see a lot of guys wearing a full beard, old jeans, run down boots, maybe camo, and looking pretty much like duck dynasty (when it is not a part of their faith). And the lady they are with is dressed and groomed very nicely. Such a disconnect, I have a hard time with it.
But if they are happy, who am I to judge?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa, I wear socks to stretch my shoes but never thought of using a hair dryer.

I purge my closet annually. It's is very tiny (Just a built in really) so I can't keep too much. But at my age, I prefer few but quality clothes anyway.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy, I have a pair of knee-high purple boots (with 2" heels) that match my purple down-filled coat. The boots have always been too tight to be comfortable, but they do look good. I have been known to bring the boots along and put them on in the car just for the walk into the restaurant.

Latest posts