Garden Master
Reaction score
What about water birds or eagles going after the fish ```

Note the net.
20190505_141836.jpg

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought I had caught two of these yesterday, but when taking pics, there was just one. Heard splashing while netting others and assumed one jumped out the bucket(which was in the bog) and into the main pond.
Today, during my 2nd visit to the pond, first to start filter, second to clean leaf basket, I found this koi between the bog and filter! :barnie
Held it sternal, pushing water towards it for about 5min before it was stable enough to move to the temp housing with the other rehoming koi.
Hope it fully recovers.
20190505_181705.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not a fish person, but your Koi and goldfish are beautiful Secuono.

i am a fish person and had many tanks at one time. i could watch them for hours (and did) - most of them are pretty peaceful most of the time. so much variety in shapes and colors and habits.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother's father in law used to breed koi ... his huge back yard was devoted to breeding ponds with water falls for airation , runs, and ponds to raise the juveniles ( by the thousands ). He had quite a few small holding ponds for select juveniles for sale for the BIG bucks. :th

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't want to hijack your thread Secuono, but I have a little fish story...
:hide

One of my first "real" jobs was working at Woolworths in the pet department. We had a long wall of fish tanks, and the bottom row was devoted to large tanks for fish we sold the most of. Underneath those tanks were cupboards with sliding doors for storing various equipment.
One of the big bottom tanks was devoted to feeder goldfish.

I was cleaning and organizing the cupboards one day when way in the back I found a crispy feeder fish who had apparently jumped out.
I picked him up and was shocked to see he was still alive, because his fins were so dried out they broke off. I put him in a little hospital tank by himself and waited for him to expire.

That crazy fish survived. I was amazed. His fins grew back and everywhere he had lost scales or fins they came back black.
He was really pretty. I told his story to a mom who brought her little boy in to buy him his first, very own fish, and they took him home. That made me happy that they knew his history.

Your survivor jumper reminded me of that. :)

Latest posts