Urine as a liquid fertilizer....

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol:

I was gazing longingly at Blossom's golden output this evening and I said, "Man, I'd like to have that on my garden!" and my boys said, "Mom, you are one weird lady!" :p

My pumpkins are gonna be the prettiest, biggest pumpkins in the county! ;)

CARS

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I figured I would update my dog pee situation (huh???).

This spring we have had fairly normal rain fall and all the dead spots grew back bigger and better than the surrounding lawn.

So, my thoughts are that last fall we were really dry and it knocked down the grass. With regular watering the urine will be beneficial.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi! :frow I was reminded by this post that my Grandfather regularly peed on his tomato plants & consequently my Mother would NEVER eat his tomatoes when we visited them. Otherwise she always ate them.....!!!

Just after 5 of my chickens were killed by a fox early in January 2008 I read that foxes would not come near anywhere where they could smell human pee; well.................................!

All I can say is I have seen NO SIGNS OF FOXES IN MY GARDEN -- not even in the last VERY HARD WINTER, whereas my neighbours found their droppings all over their gardens ----Hmmmm........!!

:rose Hattie :rose

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another pee success story! I bet there is a recovery group or support group out there somewhere!!! :lol:

I was telling an old Mennonite lady about this technique and she wasn't a bit surprised.....and I could see the lights going off in that head! She has a little garden...... :D

CARS

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Success? Maybe... for that spot. Don't forget that I had brown spots also.

I like the idea of saving the urine and properly using it but when it is dry out (right now we need RAIN!!) you will burn stuff.

As with everything else.... best in moderation.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow Beekissed :frow

Us Old Ladies ( not you, but the Menonite woman & I) know a thing or two..........!!!!! ;) ;)

:frow CARS :frow

I was very careful where I poured it...........................!!!

We have a real problem with foxes in my area; especially since the government banned fox-hunting but didn't bring in any other measures to deal with the problem. :barnie

:rose Hattie :rose

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am looking out my window and amongst the green grass is spots of even greener grass thanks to the dogs.

I wonder if human pee will keep coyotes, rather than foxes away? That is our main culpret around here.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am currently using the urine side-dressing but its too soon to tell if its going to be effective. Its not killing anything, so that's a good sign! :p

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Update on urine side dressing.....my rhubarb, which I have been unable to grow for two seasons, is flourishing! And my chives, chewed by the dog and shriveled up for a couple of months now~thick and dark green!

Will continue to experiment along these lines....... :bee

CARS

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Update on urine side dressing.....my rhubarb, which I have been unable to grow for two seasons, is flourishing! And my chives, chewed by the dog and shriveled up for a couple of months now~thick and dark green!

Will continue to experiment along these lines....... :bee
Well.... There is more to it than that. How has your average temps been for the season? Rain fall?? Watering???

Latest posts