What are You Eating from the Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Funny :).

I had a dream last night that I was eating hash browns. Probably inspired by @Phaedra Geiermann 's rösti picture.

Instead of potatoes ;), we had spaghetti last night, complete with homemade pasta sauce. Probably, that was inspired by @ducks4you 's discussion on growing and drying basil.

:D Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lovely leafy greens~
7905.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
today it was eating up some macaroni and tomato juice but then also had some wimpy chili that i put in there so it ended up being more like goulash, but then i added some hot sauce to perk it up and a bit more watery so like a soup, but very good. it was what i needed too after a full day of going up and down ladders.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ack! Nothing green for breakfast ... okay, Second Breakfast :D. The green bean casserole that DW made last week, my good choice.

No, I'm thinking about kale and bean soup, Second Breakfast and beyond. Wondering about collards and Black Eyed Peas ;), mustard greens ... cabbage...?

We have all of those greens and, You Bet @Phaedra Geiermann :), the bok choy especially in the noodles! And stir-fries. And on the side for many meals. Cabbage in noodles, also.

Rattlesnake dry bean soup is the only bean/greens concoction that I remember trying and enjoying.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug ,

do you sometimes put greens like Phaedra shows us in your bean soup?

no, the last time i tried to grow bok choi the groundhogs ate it as soon as it sprouted. for us the green and red peppers, celery, onions and green onions, garlic, beans, carrots, corn, tomatoes, dill if there is any fresh. not much else goes into vegetable soups. i'd like some cabbage here or there but Mom doesn't like it cooked in soups but she will have it once in a while as cole slaw. brussells sprouts and brocoli or cauliflower are ok on certain things but we don't grow them or buy them that often. i like about any vegetable, Mom's the picky one - she just won't eat them so i don't grow them as i'd rather use the space for things we both will eat (and of course beans :) ). tomatoes are the big crop and we both like those and eat them a lot so it's worth it for the space to grow those.