What are You Eating from the Garden?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
All the lovely veggies!
View attachment 60491

agreed! just having fresh tomatoes on hand all the time is great and now that i have the sweet onions up i can have those and and tomatoes at the same time. pretty much the main ingedients on hand for a delux cheeseburger too which may happen sometime within a few days.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
agreed! just having fresh tomatoes on hand all the time is great and now that i have the sweet onions up i can have those and and tomatoes at the same time. pretty much the main ingedients on hand for a delux cheeseburger too which may happen sometime within a few days.

a delux cheeseburger is such a great idea!

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Same here, a lot of tomatoes!

I used San Marzano for making Lasagna.
12268_0.jpg

Van Nahmen is a very reputational brand for their juice products in Germany. They have apple juice from a few varieties, and each has its unique notes.
12267_0.jpg

I also grew some yellow ones, and they became slightly pickled tomatoes (with honey plum wine, apple juice, sugar, and lemon juice).

12383.jpg

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Still more pickling cucumbers. The last batch were sliced and added to the leftover brine from a can of jalapenos. After marinating for a few days they tasted pretty good!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i didn't have time for a formal dinner the other evening so i had some ham and cream cheese rollups and used up the diced sweet onions in those to give them a bit of a perk me up. :) i could eat those quite often... the deluxe cheese burgers did happen this past week too with two kinds of cheese. the meat was not the best but with all the other stuff piled on it was certainly edible. tomatoes and onions from the gardens.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
All of @Phaedra 's lovely vegetables – no, not really ;).
All of @Branching Out 's tomatoes – no, not really ;).
@flowerbug 's deluxe cheeseburger – no, not really ;)

I'm envious of Branching Outs opportunity to grow those plant starts over the coming months. Right now, I am enjoying the plentiful Asian greens that I have here at home. Soon, there will be a brief shift to mustard greens, which aren't high on my list of preference but can really take the cold temperatures. Then, it will be collards and kale. Then, green beans from the freezer ... oh, those don't count as "greens," or do they ;)?

I've overlooked the tiny secondary heads of Tiara cabbage and DW's lettuce. Okay, I like the cabbage and the lettuce is okay (never was successful converting her to be a wilted lettuce person :).)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
...Then, green beans from the freezer ... oh, those don't count as "greens," or do they ;)?

green beans certainly count as greens to me. i have a lot of pea sprouts/shoots coming up. those are great greens and quick too and can take a bit of cold.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
breakfast was a fresh bowl of tomato chunks and pasta (elbows) with some butter melted on top. really nice to not have to cook it as Mom was making them for a friend of ours that we give food to a few times a month. she's also going to be making some baked beans with onions.

Latest posts