What are You Eating from the Garden?

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Chicken soup with cherry radish and carrot (also a bit ginger and scallion), so nice
Soup season is coming!
12785.jpg

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
agreed! just having fresh tomatoes on hand all the time is great and now that i have the sweet onions up i can have those and and tomatoes at the same time. pretty much the main ingedients on hand for a delux cheeseburger too which may happen sometime within a few days.
Yummy looking dinner! 😋 Looks like you cooked up a roast? Have you ever tried cooking your beef roast in a pressure cooker? I have started doing that recently and the pressure cooking method makes the most tender roast ever!! I always make plenty of gravy to go with it.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We were invited to a dinner with our neighbours yesterday, and we were able to harvest fruits and vegetables from the garden to add to a charcuterie board-- a nice late summer treat. I watched this chef's video for inspiration (https://www.billyparisi.com/how-to-make-a-charcuterie-board/), as well as consulting a fabulous book that I had received as a retirement gift a few years ago (https://www.penguinrandomhouse.ca/books/564545/on-boards-by-lisa-dawn-bolton/9780147531148).
Did you grow all of those grapes?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
chili today, onions, green peppers and tomatoes came from the garden. about five gallons broke into three batches (wimpy, regular and extra dark). extra dark i just had for a late dinner about an hour ago, good. :) not sure if Mom will be able to handle wimpy, but we'll see what tomorrow brings...

Suzee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The same as CD.
Asparagus, but I give it all away.
Got chives but they will likely just go to flowers.

THANX RICH
I always let my chives go to flowers early and when they are done, I cut them down and let them grow for recipes. Here at 6000 feet, my asparagus comes on really late! It a tually just quit sending up new shoots! Since I only moved it here 2 seasons ago, I haven’t cut much, but hope to next year. My cabbage. Ones early so I eat a lot of that. Salad is another early goodie. We eat carrot thinnings all summer, and new potatoes.