digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_0779.jpeg
Bread from the beet roots.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having my second breakfast of this new Kellogg's honey cornflakes with the microwaved honeycrisp apple & raisins at the bottom of the bowl and thinking about @Gardening with Rabbits son and his preference for banana bread over zucchini bread and @ducks4you & my carrots ;). No, nothing in my bowl is from the garden :D.

We had carrot cake as soon as the carrots were harvested. A little too simple of a recipe but I've tried another and this one at the Food Network is similar.

I don't think that I would bother with the coconut, just increase the carrots and, yes, the pecans would be good :). Apples and honey ... yes, just checked my old honey carrot cake recipe. It does call for pecans and just uses all-purpose flour. There is still a  loaf of the too-simple recipe carrot cake in the freezer. I'll just put this one here for future reference ;).

Steve

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No time for eating, just canning! Already put up a bunch of whole tomatoes, now making marinara, had most of the maters peeled then hunters brought me a large cooler full of livers, hearts and one guy included the whole neck and rib cage, so after an afternoon’s work, we have lots of venison and organ meat for Fen and his soon to be born Anatolian buddy. Now back to peeling tomatoes for the marinara, then make some salsa 💃🏾

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made hamburger vegetable soup and I used frozen tomatoes from the garden and dehydrated onions from the garden. I was going to put in zucchini, but I forgot and I had that the next day as just a side dish. I have found that if I put cut up zucchini in the dish when baking chicken that DS and I both like it a lot. Oh, almost forgot GREEN BEANS in the soup too. I will be eating green beans forever.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made hamburger vegetable soup

my brother calls that campfire stew. :) what is funny is that he will only make it using canned soup to start with.

and I used frozen tomatoes from the garden and dehydrated onions from the garden. I was going to put in zucchini, but I forgot and I had that the next day as just a side dish. I have found that if I put cut up zucchini in the dish when baking chicken that DS and I both like it a lot. Oh, almost forgot GREEN BEANS in the soup too. I will be eating green beans forever.

me too i hope. i love fresh beans. none to be had here now.

i think we're making onion soup this week or ...

leftover pancakes for today. they need some help so perhaps bacon and eggs for a big change (i hardly ever make eggs these days).

Latest posts