What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I planted a succulent in a pot to keep indoors until after our last freeze. I bought it at the LA Botanical Gardens last Saturday when we were in Pasadena. I also bought an Iris Germanica which is a bearded iris but it's a German Hybreid. I'm interested to see how it does here in the desert and if it does well I may order more. My regular bearded iris love the desert. I planted more cabbage also. My onions are coming up and so are the radishes. The cabbage I bought as plants. Things are beginning to look alive again here but we can have frost as late as March 15th and in unusual years as late as April 15th.

It's nice to be planning the garden again.

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I planted cabbage and spinach today, broccoli will go in tomorrow. Garlic, potatoes, peas, and onion are all up. The asparagus went in a few weeks ago and a couple have sprouted.

1iora

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I planted cilantro, chives, dill, carrots, and three kinds of lettuce today. The snap peas are all sprouted, and the strawberries seem to be coming back from being the squirrels' favorite snack (thank you, bird netting!).
Also, yesterday I got a cat! He's 8. We went to the shelter and it was such a hard choice, but he's fantastic. They named him Rooster because he was brought in with a rooster (in DC!). We're slowly getting him used to the house so right now he's stuck in the bedroom (though he's so easygoing he'd be fine loose). While I worked in my raised bed he sat on the windowsill upstairs and watched me :)

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
7434_garden_3-18-2012_077.jpg

Just put in some shallots today. The larger ones (about as big as your fist) were bought at a Vitamin Cottage,
the others are just smaller than a golf ball.
7434_garden_3-18-2012_081.jpg

Also put in about 70 Candy Apple Red onion plants. Had a little room left over in the back corner, will pick some more shallots tomorrow.

Today was the first day in the garden all month. I'm dirty,tired, and sore but REALLY happy!!! :celebrate

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We were hard at yesterday and today. We planted 2 long rows each of radish, turnip, rutabaga, parsnip, lettuce, and spinach seeds. We also planted 5 hilled long rows of yukon gold and purple potatoes. 8 broccoli plants, 4 cauliflower, 8 brussel sprouts, 12 collard greens, 8 purple cabbage, and 12 green cabbage plants. I have georgia giant sweet onion plants to do tomorrow. I am loving this nice weather. We normally do not get in the garden till mid-late May, so this is awesome. I won't know what to do having radishes that I actually can eat....normally they are hotter than heck!!! :tools :tools :coolsun :tools :tools

Happy Planting, :coolsun

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Its been really warm for here this time of year, and I am probably getting ahead of myself, but I have planted potatoes-onions
radishes and lettuce,carrots, and have 4 tomatoes out(WAY TOO EARLY):rolleyes: but I hope to be able to cover them if there is a change in the
temps.. its just an experiment to see if I can make it work early..others will be planted in may. am using the red plastic around them this time.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
4grandbabies said:
Its been really warm for here this time of year, and I am probably getting ahead of myself, but I have planted potatoes-onions
radishes and lettuce,carrots, and have 4 tomatoes out(WAY TOO EARLY):rolleyes: but I hope to be able to cover them if there is a change in the
temps.. its just an experiment to see if I can make it work early..others will be planted in may. am using the red plastic around them this time.
I planted one tomato plant today, too! I used a big red translucent plastic jug that has the bottom cut out. I'm hoping the red does its magic. If it gets too cold, I will put the lid on the jug. Yeah, it's too early, but I gotta try!

Latest posts