What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Smart Red Lycopersicon pimpinellifolium we call "wild American tomatoes ." :D
I sow them for my sons. They are like landing troops occupied the garden at the time of harvest.
If someone has grandchildren, collection of small berries will help develop fine motor skills of hands.:)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I wanted to add that I only saw a few of my bulbs coming up, so it was disappointing, BUT, several are planted in small pots that don't drain, and I looked UNDER several larger pots with holes and saw several inches of roots!!!!!! :weeeIs it just Me that I get excited over stuff like this?
Oh, did myself a favor bc DH and I will be gone for the next week on a cruise, so I won't be looking at the pots every day. ;)

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sowing continues.
Today, it was the white eggplant, berries Sunberry (edible nightshade) and onions. I usually plant the small bulbs in the ground. This year I will plant bulbs too. But I also planted the seeds.
IMG_0016.JPG IMG_0018.JPG IMG_0017.JPG

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you all for all the prayers and kind words. It is a big relief. Still a worry, but not like before. He is so hard to read. I gave him a pen today to write with and he could barely push the top down to make it work, which shocked me since he barely complains about his hands hurting and outside doing things. I would be having a heating pad wrapped around my hand and headed for the ER probably. :rolleyes: I started some pepper seeds yesterday. I have cabbage, kale and collards outside in the sawhorse greenhouse, a few marigolds and some oregano. I have seeds coming in the mail tomorrow and next week and will have more peppers to start. I went out today and planted several kinds of lettuce, spinach, Swiss chard, parsley, cilantro and mustard in a box and have it covered. I turned the dirt and worms are close to the top. I know it is early, but :confused: this weather!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pepper and snapdragon seeds were started last week. The containers are in the kitchen but neither has emerged. When they do, they will need to make a quick trip to the South Window for some light.

It's snowing ... and supposed to be a cloudy week. So, those seedlings don't need to be in any hurry to get out here, altho' if they have to slow down, the cooler room will help with that.

I have potting soil dripping on the deck and will put some of the tomato seed in that, tomorrow. Second sowings of everything will commence later in March and the greenhouse furnace will be turned on when things get "outta control" here in the South Window. The greenhouse allows for better sunlight because of the angle of its south wall.

The hoop house will go up about the same time but there is no heat in there. I've had it collapse several times because of March snowstorms so there's not much reason to hurry getting it up. The bok choy to go under its protection are fine in the unheated greenhouse for awhile.

Steve

Latest posts