What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snowing here as well. Our snow was supposed to run from 9:00 pm Monday through 9:00 am Tuesday with 4-6 inches accumulation. Instead, we got a mere 2-3 inches and no snow after 4:00 am Tuesday. We started the day shoveling. All done before our 9:00 breakfast.

By the time we were on our way home from breakfast, the snow had returned. It is nearly blizzard-like conditions out side right now and I suspect we now have more than 3 inches on the (no longer) shoveled driveway. Phooey!

I think I'll start some seeds while I wait for the snow to pass. It is about the right time for starting things here in South-est, central-est Wisconsin. Usually I am over eager and have started everything before now, but the right time is between March 1 (if we have an early spring) and March 15 if we don't.

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I started my herbs last weekend and already have several tiny green things! Started my peppers and tomatoes this weekend so hope to see more green this week.

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh I also bought some strawberry plants at my local walmart. Allstar June-bearing and Quinalt ever-bearing. And I bout peed myself when I saw lily of the valley roots! From what my grandma always said they are practically extinct here so I grabbed a 3root bag and put it in a small pot till spring really gets going

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have found that it took three attempts to start lily of the valley plants before they decided to grow here in my garden. I wish you luck with your three pips!

Both of those varieties of strawberry plants are good ones. I have both (or had in my first bed) and they did well.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
A hint on the Lily of the Valley. I have some growing in total shade on the the north side of my house. They have jumped the bed, and so last year I transplanted a few. UNfortunately where I put them wasn't as dry, and, they lived, but didn't do as well. Make sure that where you put them has good drainage. They WILL spread for you. :D

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hu i guess i've never found them to be all that invasive. but i have always had them growing by the house foundation so maybe that has kept them in check all this time. i would be more than willing to send some to you @ChickenMomma91 if those don't grow for you.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been busy. A lot of things in the sawhorse greenhouse and the greenhouse in the kitchen. Basil coming up today. I got the raspberries pruned. The garlic is coming up. Lettuce in a box under plastic. I saw apple mint coming up outside today. Tomatoes and peppers transplanted, cabbage looks good. New shelves bought at garage sale last year for $5 and has flowers in it and onions.
shelves again.jpg

Latest posts