What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

2 Beauts

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I am planting the idea of 2 piglets to grow through next winter into my DH's subconscious (sp?). That way, in the fall, he'll think it was his idea to grow our own bacon!

ilovechickens

Sprout
Reaction score
I am going to try to plant some :coolsun,(in case picture dosen't show it is SUNSHINE) it is very cold, can only dream of spring and look at seed catalogs.

Patch of Heaven Farm

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well I planted a few things today:

Herbs:
italian parsley
mammoth dill
tarragon
basil
sage
cilantro
oregano
catnip
chives

vegetables:
brussel sprouts
copenhgen early market cabbage
sweet spanish onion
southport white onion
evergreen bunching onion
and the kids planted some sweet peppers probally too early but they bought the seed and wanted to go ahead and plant them
and I was impatient as well and planted a cpl branywine tomatoes and roma tomatoes!!
I know WAY too early!! :idunno

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Arugula, collards, beets and more lettuce from transplants.

Oh my gosh, at the nursery they put out tomato plants!

Must resist urge to purchase them, its waaaaay to early even for SoCal

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nothing's going outside for a couple more months, but here's what's going on inside:
5763_002.jpg

I have started:
3 types of peppers, 4 types of tomatoes, black seeded lettuce, spinach, a bunch of medicinal & culinary herbs, and cauliflower. I just got my last seed order in today, so I'll start the tomatoes & broccoli this weekend. Then I REALLY need to get some more lights.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
Nothing's going outside for a couple more months, but here's what's going on inside:
http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/5763_002.jpg

I have started:
3 types of peppers, 4 types of tomatoes, black seeded lettuce, spinach, a bunch of medicinal & culinary herbs, and cauliflower. I just got my last seed order in today, so I'll start the tomatoes & broccoli this weekend. Then I REALLY need to get some more lights.
OMG KATE!!!! That is just awesome.... Love inside set ups this time of year. Gives ya something green to look at. ;)

I just went out today (67, but windy and rainy) and replanted my carrots and spinach.... I don't think the snow last week let what I planted the week before live!

I'm going to go out and transplant my Brocolli Rabe I started in the house as well shortly. But I have to reprep the bed. The stray cats in the neighborhood have started using my raised beds as litter boxes.... The next one I see is getting shot with a BB gun!!!!! :he

ml

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Great time to start your winter sowing. Out side inthe cold. I am In NJ and will be starting all my tomato seedlings soon as of 2/8 in milk jugs. Sure saves on the electric bill and no harding off.

It is not to late to start those plants. Lettuce , tomatos poppies are great to the jump on spring.

ML

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wish now I would have taken pictures!! I planted a Meyer Lemon tree in the small courtyard garden off one of the buildings at our congregation. We have small burrowing critters here that are a pain in the neck, only a lot lower down!!

I dug out the hole, then put a barrier of hardware cloth under and all around the area where the roots will grow. Then planted Johnny Jump Ups in the tree ring. It turned out nice. I will take my camera today for a photo so we will have a record of how the tree grows.

Today I plant to plant some wild flower seed in the bare ground in that same courtyard. I want an "English Cottage Garden" look.

I'll post pictures later.

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yesterday I planted watermelon, cantaloupe, jack o lantern & pie pumpkins & charentais melon seeds in starter pots. They will go in the ground in a couple of weeks most likely.

Rebbetzin, they are either gophers or the desert prairie dogs & are a huge pain which ever they are!! I have to deal with rabbits here too.

Latest posts