What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I am really curious on what you think of that Momotaro tomato, PW! I don't know why I've never tried that one and neglected it again in 2011 . . .

I started about one-half my tomato seed on the 1st of March. Seventeen varieties but there will be several more to add to that number. Of course, I can't get away with any direct-sowing in the garden so that's all indoors.

Your New Garden Beds? Are those the ones with the attractive white frames in your front yard?

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve I grew Momotaro in 2009, the vines were prolific, but the tomatoes ripened late, much later than the two other varieties I grew, so I have no idea how it tasted. :(

Luvsroses

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
2 bareroot lilacs :) Blue tomatoes are sprouting :rainbow-sun

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've never grown Momotaro before so I have no idea how it will do. I picked it up mainly because I like growing different varieties every year and this was one of the few heirlooms available at the shop. I plan on going to our local organic nursery this weekend to pick up some more varieties. Last year I had 13 and I hope to have at least 10 different varieties this year.

ohiogoatgirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
hm... today there is lettuce and radishes growing in a window box that arent doing too well :hu and a little lime tree in a pot in the window as well.
i put up my greenhouse and ordered my seeds though!!! :love cant wait for them to come in so i can start some plants!!! :weee

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I planted irrigation pipe today and then took two big pots of succulents that needed divided and separated them and made four pots out of two. My plum and peach tree are blooming and also my flowering cherry. There are more daffodils too. Time to clean up the iris bed.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
English peas, broccoli, Mortgage Lifter tomatoes and potatoes are coming along great. Am heating up the medium, in the mini, heated greenhouse to plant pepper seed.....Anaheim Chili, Cubanelle, Cal Wonder, Keystone Giant and Doug's pepper (seeds taken from a dried pepper that was on the dash of Doug's truck).

Right now, I think I am going to use the Hugulkultue bed for the peppers, once the weather heats up enough to set them out.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can't wait to find out how you like "Doug's pepper!" That is too funny! If you see a seed, plant it- that is my motto!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Tomatoes tomatoes tomatoes!! I am growing these varieties this year: Kelloggs breakfast, azoychka, brandywine, ivory egg, Roman candle, Pruden's purple, sweet cluster, Roma, Amish paste, Riesentraube, pineapple, Hazelfield farm, stupice, and mountain princess. I also planted calendula, borage, bee balm, marshmallow, chocolate pepper, white eggplant, ground cherries, and wild strawberries. I am sooooooooo excited for spring!! :ya

Latest posts