What Did You Do In The Garden?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I transplanted my tomatoes to bigger pots yesterday but I started new peppers today and going to get some tomato seed later today and have a few just in case. I am afraid the peppers will be root bound and the tomatoes are just stressed. It was supposed to be in the 50s today and only about 46 and rain. The weather forecast could change but I think it will be a long time before putting tomatoes or peppers out in the garden. I just do not have the right lights and things for keeping plants going that long.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i got some of my onions planted (that are large enough that they should flower and give me seeds), did a little weeding, had 16 buckets of ashes delivered and moved to where they needed to go and marked some daffodils so they can be moved later this year after they're done flowering and have gone back to sleep again.

it was warm enough out there that i even broke a sweat in a t-shirt. :) tomorrow is supposed to be about the same but a bit more breeze.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
potting on some seedlings and then seeing this guy again! It seems he is thinking seriously what to eat for breakfast 😅
P1105219.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Rhodie Ranch , this has worked for me with House Sparrows:

zcatbronze.png

Not this exact one but my daughter's stuffed toy cat. It required being obscured by a box or the leaves of the rhubarb or something like that and being moved a couple of times each day. Always, it had its eyes on the lettuce.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
beautiful day out there today. i even got some real gardening done today. about an hour or so of weeding and puttering around. sun shining. not too windy or too cold. killdeer pretty well behaved (Mom even said that both pairs of parents had not made any noise when she was out there either and she was working in both areas today). etc. :) :) :) :) :)

i made sure not to overdo it.

dandelions are just beginning to send up flower buds. spring whitlow grass has flowers and some seed pods already. while both of these i consider harmless Mom's force is disturbed by them.

strawberries are greening up. :)

Last edited:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I got the rest of the kale, collards, cabbage planted and planted 80 onions. I turned some more dirt to get ready for some herbs that are ready to plant. The weather report is a little better and tomatoes and peppers have been out all day. I need to go check on my onions. I am worried the birds will mess with them. I have been mostly sewing for Evelyn and Izzy. DD is moving Izzy out of her crib to a Minnie Mouse bed and wanted a small pillow for her, but I made 2 because Evelyn will want one and I made Evelyn a sleeveless top today.

Latest posts