What Did You Do In The Garden?

ccheek

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am watching the temperatures and trying to get up enough courage to plant some of my seedlings in the garden. I do have hot caps for them if needed. I actually left the transplants outside last night for a breeze and light rainfall. I wish I could put all the seedlings out for a while, but those dratted chickens wouldn't understand "NO!" and attack when I wasn't looking.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I bought a few Easter buckets at $2.00 each (down from a ridiculous $9.99). I had the idea to plant a herbs in them. One of the beds I cleaned was over-run with sage and chives. I don't want them growing in the garden beds again. When I returned for more buckets, they were down to $.99 so I took them all. Here's how they look right now.
View attachment 12928 View attachment 12926 View attachment 12927
I love your buckets! I planted strawberries in the kids Easter baskets this year. My daughter thought the idea was awesome.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Transplanted tomatoes into bigger pots and kept them outside in the shade. The Black Krim started drooping even before transplanting, just as soon as they were out of the plastic. I dug 34 strawberries scattered through the garden and planted in the herb garden, which is now going to be the strawberry patch/herb garden. Found some bee balm and a hollyhock in the garden and dug before DS started tilling. We got a truckload of cow manure and DH is putting it in the compost bins. Cutting asparagus daily and lettuce and spinach.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Will be putting up better fencing around the garden this week to keep out the bunnies. Got three kittens this week who will, hopefully, survive the foxes and coyotes long enough to eat the bunnies and squirrels around here.

Spuds are up in the compost bin. Nothing much happening out there....kind of dry here.

Apple crop will be a bust....might have pruned too hard last year or we didn't have cold enough temps for long enough to set blooms, but pretty dismal bloom this year.

Seedlings are a bust too....can't imagine I'll have anything I can set into the garden any time this year, so will probably be buying plants....again.

Not a good year so far.

Latest posts