What Did You Do In The Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh yes. There probably was never a time when I could lift one of these rear-tine fillers.

I lifted the front-tine with help, years ago.

My preference was always to reach a point in the garden when all cultivation was done by hand. It took several years on each garden. And, it took many days to cultivate the beds. Although, I still do that hand work at home, that ended in the distant garden about 7 years ago when DW made arrangements with the neighbor's tractor guy ;).

At the very first, he was conscientious about following my beds with the tires on the path.

Steve

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted my garden beds - well only three. I don't have enuf fencing for the new fourth one. I'm not happy with my seed starting this year. I tossed alot of bean plants. Then ran to Lowes and to a local farm store to buy some starts. (grumble grumble). Our weather has popped into the 90's and its just too hot for anything. Discouraged.

Zeedman: I did plant the baby starts of your eggplant. I put some cardboard shades in front of them so that the late afternoon hit of heat doesn't kill them off.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And yet, @SweetMissDaisy , there were 2 frosts there last week. And, the WS's forecast has Thursday afternoon at 62°f.

Can we be sure that it won't drop 30 (or 40°!) and that I won't be out there at 4AM in 7 days running the sprinklers to protect a little patch of sweet corn?

;) Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We, TOO, had frost scares in the last week. Lows in the 50's for the next week.
Dodged a bullet, and I Still may have peaches, pears apples and cherries this year. :weee

we didn't have frost scares we had several hard frosts down into the mid-20s and a few other times when we had light frosts. hard to believe this next week they now are forecasting low 80s. i'm so glad to be warm at last. :)

planted another row of peas and then put in a row of the earliest beans i want to try out again and see how they do. perhaps they'll do better than my previous attempts with these...

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Frost scare is past. So tilled part of garden. Planted 4 rows of sweet corn,Roma & Tenderret beans, tomaToes, banana & jalapeño peppers, okra, beets , kohlrabi and cucumbers.
Planted okra 2-3 seeds per hill 6” apart with idea to kill weakest plants.
I can't help but be curious with a name like @seedcorn, what variety of corn it is that you plant!

Latest posts