What I Learned by Quitting Coffee

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Is that what that is, a drip coffee maker? You're pretty good!
That's a bit like Melitta Coffee funnels, they make not bad coffee.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coffee has to be coffee, not just kinda. We, a friend and I, were on our way hunting. We stopped to pick up coffee at a donut shop. When I was handed the cup, I said this isn't coffee. The guy tried to tell me, Yes, it is. I could see the bottom of the cup through the tan colored water, that's not coffee it's dirty water. I'd do with no none rather than dreck.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love coffee! Sometimes I look forward to going to bed, so I can get up in the morning and have coffee! I only drink organic fair trade. If I don't have soymilk (which is what I use for cream) it is a national emergency around here...I joke and say "it takes a lot of coffee and vodka, to do what I do!" Never a drop after 10 am, or I will lay awake all night!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: :D

The first thing I think about in a power outage is, where is my camp coffee pot and we better have propane for the grill! :rolleyes:
I went out after our 23 hour outage and assembled the pot, propane, and small burner for DH. Me? I am purely a social drinker. None for breakfast with DH, but half a cup at "coffee" break a while ago so DH didn't have to drink alone.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not a coffee fan or fanatic. I can take it or leave it and with the raising price for a cup, I usually leave it. My homemade brew is little more than colored water. In fact, I have had a cup'a at my neighbors that was just hot water when she forgot to put the instant coffee out -- she already had a cup. I find hot water is just a warming as hot coffee the way I make it.

Of course, this is from someone who doesn't like chocolate either. Color me mixed up.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love my coffee!!! I only have 2 cups every morning, but they are good cups. I prefer either Sumatra or Colombian, freshly ground. I like my coffee very dark and heavy. If I can dip a teaspoon of it and see the bottom of the spoon, it's too weak. My friends and family who happen to be here for coffee know to only pour half a cup and top it off with water to weaken it some. I love strong coffee, but it has to be good coffee. Crappy coffee gets bitter if it's brewed to strong; good coffee does not. I will never give up my coffee.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red ,

Do you have a food or drink treat?

I'm just as pleased as punch when DW gets licorice. :). Something else that seems to bother my stomach if I have too much.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you prefer black or red licorice Steve?

I love black licorice, something mom and I shared. We'd even fight over the black licorice flavored jelly beans in a mix! When we would go to the state fair, mom would buy us girls a licorice root to suck on. And there was an ice cream parlor that made their own ice cream, the black licorice flavor was our favorite. Nothing like a little black ice cream mustache on a kids face...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh yeah, it's the black.

I'm no expert. Sometimes I've wondered if it's licorice root itself or just that class of flavors, if there is such a thing. I feel a little cheated if the ingredient list on the candy seems to have shorted me on actual licorice. But ...

I really think it's the flavor class.

Steve

Latest posts