When Was Your Last Eye Exam ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I told my eye Dr I was having trouble with glare night driving. He told me go to the as seen on TV store and buy their amber sunglasses, many people feel they help with night glare.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm now up to 1.75 for every day use and 2.0 for magazines, newspapers and books. All reader glasses.

I'd really like a pair designed for my eyes, progressive lens, but with no insurance and a rough financial time, its not going to happen anytime soon.

Medicare: do they have eye insurance?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't have vision insurance either. I wear contacts so have to have a yearly exam to fill my prescription, and I have a pair of glasses with progressive lenses. It runs a couple hundred a year for the contacts and exam. The glasses I don't change out unless my prescription is very much different than the year before. I only wear them around the house in the evening if my contacts are bugging me.
Glasses are a huge bummer to wear when I work
(sweat, rain etc.).

I wore dollar store readers for a long time, until it became too annoying to constantly take them on and off, and find where I put them.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Amber

Amber

Gotta try that! ... now, would i recognize amber if i saw it ..?

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you, NyBoy.

fall.gif
Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm now up to 1.75 for every day use and 2.0 for magazines, newspapers and books. All reader glasses.

I'd really like a pair designed for my eyes, progressive lens, but with no insurance and a rough financial time, its not going to happen anytime soon.

Medicare: do they have eye insurance?
There are a lot of online glasses companies. My friend works for Zenni so I've gotten a couple pairs with progressive lense through her. Free of course. But even without a code they are so cheap that progressives come out to about $135. That is with all the options and they have literally hundreds of pairs.

My friend travels a lot but next time I see her I'll try to get you a code for a free pair.

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am having trouble reading small print, also glare from night driving is bothering me. I was shocked when I looked up my last visit to eye Dr 4 years ago. Made a appointment before work for today. Exam took about half hour. Was told I have normal middle age eyes. He said go to CVS and find reader glass that works for me. When was the last time you had a eye exam?
I go ever year. I wear contact lenses so I cannot get more than a years prescription. Best to keep up with the exams anyway. I have seen night time sunglasses that are supposed to help with night driving but have not tried them..

Latest posts