When Was Your Last Eye Exam ?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had cataract surgery. Best thing ever happened. You will lose some vision as you age-now wear bifocals. Detached retina thanks to cholesterol med.

Here, they take 5 minutes or less to do (for Doctor) and we were lined up like a mash unit. $8,000 a pop then-22 year’s ago.
Cholesterol meds cause detached retina?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had cataract surgery. Best thing ever happened. You will lose some vision as you age-now wear bifocals. Detached retina thanks to cholesterol med.

Here, they take 5 minutes or less to do (for Doctor) and we were lined up like a mash unit. $8,000 a pop then-22 year’s ago.

Yeah, it reminded me of a car wash. :eek:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope that this will all be an improvement, @jackb . The healthcare people have many people taking these steps and that is an encouragement.

Aside from grandparents' views on the infants in their families ;), we all start off different in every way, despite arbitrary measures of perfection. To be human is to be arbitrary, I suppose. Should be a noun with more meaning than
arbitrary (plural arbitraries) Anything arbitrary, such as an arithmetical value or a fee.

Drifting off topic!

There are 2019 standards on measurements coming from the international scientific organizations. Metric ... kilogram, etc. I'm wondering how arbitrary these were, may yet be, and what influence new standards have on the colonial system used in the US.

Using the metric system is incomplete in about 30 places including the Big 3 Liberia, Burma and the US. Of course, most of the other 27 are US territories. It may not make much difference to the current situation since ~ somehow ~ the colonial measures are linked to the metric.

(Current ... amperage ... has changed. Feeble play on words ;).)

digitS'

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Miss Ava told me she is going to have a hard time adjusting to seeing me without glasses. I told her I could poke the lenses out of my old glasses and wear the frames when she was here and that got a laugh out of her. ;)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I need to keep an eye on that (no pun intended haha) as my Dr. told me last year I am getting the beginnings of cataracts. I looked into them a little and found 3 different ones with of course 3 different prices. I think the most expensive ones were $3,000 and not sure how much insurance covers.

Mary

Latest posts