When Was Your Last Eye Exam ?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was born cross eyed, as a young child all the kids would tease and make fun of me. kids are very cruel to someone who looks different. My parents took me to many eye drs who twice did surgery to try and fix. After the 2nd surgery failed my parents where told to wait till I was older the eye muscles stronger. Leaving the house meant being tormented by other kids, sometimes even adults would say stupid things to me. I hated my looks,4 grade another surgery and this time it worked my eyes looked normal.Even with my eyes fixed the damage was done i always felt very ugly. My teenage years I went though big changes all of a sudden I had girls telling me what beautiful green eyes I had. my late teens I was introduce to some very important people in the modeling world. I went from being ashamed of my looks to making money off them. I made enough that I was able to support myself and pay for school. True ugly duckling story
I have seen your picture......very handsome. And ahem you remember you have a a few of us old ladies fighting over you.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Eight years or so ago. I went to get my driver's license and failed the test. I was shocked. I had been wearing Dollar Store reading glasses since early 40s. I have trouble with night driving to the point now I do not drive at night. I realized it is our older cars making it worse because I drove DD's newer car at night and could manage, but still not good. When I went to get the glasses to pass the driver's test it was for far vision, which I had excellent vision my whole life. They could not correct one of my eyes with the glasses which would only be used for far vision. I still wear reading glasses for the computer, which I have a little trouble using them for reading labels, but have not worsened for a few years, but close to 4 years ago almost failed the driver's test. Lady asked if I had one eye worse than the other and I said yes, and she said, PASS. Idaho you can be blind in one eye or something. I am going to go have my eyes checked and insurance is renewing so I will make sure I have eye insurance and driving test is in April. Part of this is nutrition.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Eight years or so ago. I went to get my driver's license and failed the test. I was shocked. I had been wearing Dollar Store reading glasses since early 40s. I have trouble with night driving to the point now I do not drive at night. I realized it is our older cars making it worse because I drove DD's newer car at night and could manage, but still not good. When I went to get the glasses to pass the driver's test it was for far vision, which I had excellent vision my whole life. They could not correct one of my eyes with the glasses which would only be used for far vision. I still wear reading glasses for the computer, which I have a little trouble using them for reading labels, but have not worsened for a few years, but close to 4 years ago almost failed the driver's test. Lady asked if I had one eye worse than the other and I said yes, and she said, PASS. Idaho you can be blind in one eye or something. I am going to go have my eyes checked and insurance is renewing so I will make sure I have eye insurance and driving test is in April. Part of this is nutrition.
Last month DMV renewed my 93 year old fathers driving license by MAIL all he needed was a forum from any eye dr he passed test :he:he:he

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last month DMV renewed my 93 year old fathers driving license by MAIL all he needed was a forum from any eye dr he passed test :he:he:he
If you see he has problems you can report him as unsafe. When my Dad was failing his mind was as sharp as a tack. But he was very weak. He told him if I could just get him to the car he would be find. Because he was of sound mind I finally was able to reason with him. "What if you killed someone's Grandchildren?" His hearing was poor and he had macular degeneration. My MIL had macular degeneration also. Had her license but her insurance company dropped her. She was able to get some expensive insurance. She was in an accident hitting a Grandma and Grandchild. They were fine but she was all banged up. The police came to the hospital to take her license away.. Very upsetting for a law abiding old lady. But the tragedy it could have been. She went into a nursing home temporarily but, never came out. They found lung cancer treating her for the accident. As far as cancer deaths go she was very sick for only a few days..

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
My last eye exam was Tuesday of this week, as a follow=up to cataract surgery and laser correction on Monday. After recovery, I have to do the same thing again in early December and will continue with follow-up exams into early next year. My doctor told me perhaps twenty years ago that I had the beginnings of cataracts, so I knew this was coming for a long time.
There were six doctors performing operations at the eye surgery center on Monday and the waiting area was full of patients. @digitS' points out that: Cataract surgery is the most common procedure performed by the ophthalmic surgeon. This year, 3.6 million cataract procedures will be performed in the United States and more than 20 million will be performed worldwide, according to estimates. In spite of these impressive statistics, the number of patients visually handicapped by cataract globally increases every year.

Last edited:

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
My eye Dr told me I had the very beginning of a cataract in my right eye, I said I am too young he said sorry your not good luck

At each eye exam for the last several years I was told that they were not ready yet, but in July I began to notice that it seemed my glasses were smeared on the left eye. I made an appointment with an eye surgeon and it has taken this long to get an appointment and arrange surgery, so the process can take more than half a year. The right eye can be postponed, as it is not that bad, but I am getting it taken care of to get it over with.
The laser surgery is not covered by insurance and the medications are expensive, even with insurance. One tiny bottle of drops is over three hundred dollars without insurance and almost one hundred dollars with insurance. And, there are three different drops with refills, so it is going to be expensive for the meds.
Big Pharma is a ripoff.
One big plus is that I will no longer have to wear glasses, in fact, the doctor told me yesterday to go to the dollar store and pick up a pair of plus 2.50 glasses for using the computer.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had cataract surgery. Best thing ever happened. You will lose some vision as you age-now wear bifocals. Detached retina thanks to cholesterol med.

Here, they take 5 minutes or less to do (for Doctor) and we were lined up like a mash unit. $8,000 a pop then-22 year’s ago.