Your boring/interesting/exciting Weather!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Are you kidding me??? 16 this morning, according to my thermometer! 14 just a few miles away at West Liberty!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coldest last night was 51.1, and a sudden surprise rain.

I may just accept that the season has begun, and do a test planting of a few beans outside real soon, oh, and cover them with black plastic until they germinate.

This is amazing to me here! Earliest planting season I've ever been in.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This may be the warmest morning so far this year - the thermometer is already rising from 46F. Wind and more clouds . . .

March was a dry month. After a record wet March in 2012, it was a relief to see a little more March sunshine. To give you an idea of normal - about 1 inches of precip is normal. We got about one-half of that but now it rains.

Without measurable rain in 2 weeks and below normal all winter, the ground was drying out. I mean, we barely have grass growing but those plants are needing to look for moisture. I've noticed a few lawn sprinklers on . . . including in my yard. I'm glad I ran water under the tree on the west side. I'm hoping the grass will fill in a little there. Little sunlight thru the growing season, subfreezing winter temperatures - I've walked on it 3 times since November 1st, in my careful route of distressed-grass avoidance. Now, is its moment!!

Steve :p
edited to add: the northern Rockies look great for snow, lots better than further south.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's a good soaking rain we have coming down now and I'm happy to see it. From inside looking out :) .
It's not often that the weather this time of year complements my plans, but it worked out great this week!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mostly cloudy, a low of 50 this morning, 55 right now. Getting ready for more chores...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
In the 20's night before last... over 62 right now... going to be pushing 80 by Monday. Who knows what we'll have by next Wed. :rolleyes:

I'm going to un-pile Rotmore this weekend and mix in more soil. More for raising the level a bit more, than for adding anything to the soil. Besides, I've got to finish digging that ditch and the dirt has to go somewhere, may as well go in the garden.
I've been hauling the tomatoes and the corn in and out every afternoon and I can't WAIT to get them in the ground for good.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Partly cloudy turned into mostly cloudy then all cloudy. We got 48 drops of rain awhile ago. It's 58 degrees.

Latest posts