Your Weather, 2021

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Currently 43F this morning. Not sure how low it got since I’m not home to check the thermometer with the history. They are saying it could drop into the upper 30s tonight. If it does there’s a pretty good chance of frost.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It was raining here through the night or early morning. I slept we so can't say.

It's been really sunny here from late morning until now. No complaints here :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
After twenty October days and an existence with 4/100ths of an inch of rain ..

. some more sprinkles fell yesterday.

The Weather Service says that it should be a pleasant day today but, maybe, the final afternoon in the 60's. Without more rain, I'm ready for it. However, the promise is for more. It's never been overstated. When there is a 40% or 50% forecast, often, there's that line, "" less than a tenth of an inch is possible." But, my hopes and expectations rise until the radar map shows the rain clouds broken and passing over some other areas, usually higher and not here, not within miles from here.

Tomorrow comes and more tomorrows and we will see. It seems likely to me that the tree roots, embedded in soil, must benefit from water, even now.

Steve

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
some nights coming up soon are getting nearer to freezing so any later beans will be shut down at last. i checked yesterday for pods to pick and the mosquitoes were coming out so i gave up after donating more blood than i was planning.

hopefully we've mowed for the last time this season.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We spent some time driving around, yesterday. At one point I said to DW, "it feels like we have gone back in time. When was the last time we had a rainy day?"

We had the shower on Wednesday. The WS tells us that Friday had 2x the amount of rain. Between the two days, 1/4" of rain fell.

I'm not ignorant of the reality of heavy rainfall and realize that we never experienced that. It was just several hours of light rain. Nevertheless, it was a rainy day :). More rain is forecast for tomorrow. Maybe October precipitation will amount 1", yet. That would only be 30% below average for the month. Come on, La Niña!!!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
light rain this morning so more bean shelling today. overnight it was cool enough that i could put something out in the garage to cool off after i cooked it. i guess i'll start today by bringing that in and changing it into a better container and put it in the fridge.

Latest posts