Your Weather, 2021

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
froggy outside now (foggy :) ). supposed to be sunny today for a while and then chances of showers almost every day and night this week. i am going to get out and get some of a garden put up as much as i can today even if it is heavy and muddy because i may not get many more chances at all this week.

the only chance of frost in the forecast was this morning and we did get frosted. i see it on some of the plants out there it looks like a bit of snow. it actually warms up this week and should be nice weather temperature wise other than all the chances of rain.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Bomb Cyclone" to hit northern west coast tonite and tomorrow. I'm lookin' for RAIN!!
Maybe that was some of the weather that I experienced on the northern California coast when I first began gardening. Certainly, we had heavy rains.

The Weather Service has issued some warnings a couple of days ago. They seemed primarily to be concerned about areas that have burned recently and the possibility of landslides of wet ground. Singling out northern California at that time but the warnings may be elsewhere by now.

It doesn't look so bad to me but it may be somewhat confined to specific locations. My son lives in Portland Oregon, not quite the coast, but the forecast for the next few days looks okay. I'm curious if the eastside of the Cascades will have problems. Certainly, there are some burn scars on the slopes. There has been some October rainstorms which were likely very welcome. However, if heavy storms are able to track on the east side of those high mountains, there may be too much of a good thing.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
As of 8 this morning we have had 2 .3 inches. Still cold, windy and wet. Should be sunny tomorrow. This week they predict highs in the upper 60's / low 70's and overnights in the lower 40's. Rain again mid week.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It’s bright and sunny today but we have a wind advisory and storms are supposed move in overnight. It’s supposed to be cold and rainy on Friday and Saturday with temps staying in the 50s all day.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Quite cool here today. Yesterday’s low is todays high. It was 54F at 6am we’ve gone up to 55F and it’s supposed to start dropping sometime in the next few hours. We finally have frost in the forecast sometime around the end of this coming week.
Yesterday was cool with blowing rain/mist. The chickens got out and I spent about an hour putting them all back up. I was damp and starting to get chilled by the time I came in.

Latest posts