Your Weather, 2021

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
foggy bottom here this morning - everything covered with dew and sparkling in the sun, rain in the forecast again for this afternoon. cold overnights, near frost, hmm, wonder if the peas have made it up yet...

enough rains this past week to make getting out to mow difficult so we're going to be stuck trying to mow tomorrow and probably will take twice as long. i'm glad i got ahead a bit before because now i'll need to get caught up again when the weather finally breaks enough. :)

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Light rain late last night, followed by a freeze warning. The big box stores that were foolish enough to already have their tender annuals outside will likely be selling singed plants now. Another chance for frost Monday night, but that will probably be the last one of the year. As a rule, we usually don't get another freeze after Mother's Day, when the big rush for plants begins. DW & I are going today to beat the rush, she still wants a few more flowers... and I'll use the pots from those to pot up some of the tomatoes.

EDIT: forecast updated to another freeze warning tonight. We had sleet this afternoon. The cold air pouring out of Canada just keeps coming, the weather guessers are consistently under-estimating it.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a contrast between yesterday and today!

Mid-80's yesterday (nearly 30° centigrade) -- I was out running errands mid-afternoon and I should have had the pickup air-conditioning on. Heat fatigue!

Today's afternoon temperature was the same as it was minutes after midnight at 59°f (15°C). The wind gusts went above 30mph but were only 20+ mph this morning when I was out in the garden suffering in my jacket at 45°f (7°C).

Almost everything was out of the greenhouse yesterday, soaked with water and hanging out in the dabbled shade. Tonight. It may freeze with no let-up to the wind!!!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sometimes it's best to stop, when we overdo it , we are no use. Save your energy Steve
I think that the cabbage and kale would have agreed, Marie.

Winds hit 40mph before the end of the day and are still above 14. This morning it was 35°f here at home and 33° at the school, a couple of miles from the big veggie garden. That means the garden had frost since it always froze when I used to drive out on cold, late-season mornings to "mitigate" the freezing by running the sprinklers, no matter if the school thermometer had it a couple of degrees warmer.

Run-on sentence ;). That is how I'm feeling, bundled up in the lazyboy chair. The world can just spin a little further while I have a cup of tea and the seedlings in the greenhouse and plants in the hoop house beds wait for the sun to shine on them.

:) Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The weather report is saying light rain 13c and feels like 11, I disagree it's been going since 4am and nothing light about it.

I'm not not shivering here so not so doubtful about the temperature :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
frost again last night, frost in the forecast for the next two nights. it is supposed to warm up more after that. i sure hope so. :)

rains forecast again for the next few days. i've stocked up on books to read.

*sticks my tongue out at Jack Frost*

Latest posts