Your Weather, 2022

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
this is the first rains we've had in a week or two that's done more than wet the ground. i'm hoping we get a break, i can get out and plant and then just when i finish more rains will come along and water everything in again for me. no matter what right now i'm happy for whatever rains we get as the ground is getting cracked again in some places and the large drainage ditch is barely running. that's rare this time of the season.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
last night we had a nice gentle rain for quite a long time so all the gardens got well watered and we don't have to do it by hand. sunshine and chances of rain for today but i'm hoping it all goes around us and i can get the bean garden i'm working on finished up. it's already weeded so that makes it go faster. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Almost an inch of rain yesterday ... I realize that this may not seem all that unusual to many folks in other locations but there is quite a difference in early June this year.

And last year? Well, it was a record-setting heat wave a year ago yesterday with some bigger records to set later in the month. It was 92°f (33°C) in 2021. Barely made it above 50 to 52°f (11°C) in 2022. Nearly had a record LOW this morning! Interstate 90 has snow and freezing temperatures on the pass into MT.

So, is this the new normal? One year record all-time highs, the next, lows? How about for Winters ? Yikes!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
To help some of you cool off ... Here's a look at my weather:

It finally warmed up to 64°f (18°C) this afternoon after starting off the day here at home at 47°f (8°C). There was a nice shower this morning with a little more than a 1/10th of an inch of rain.

Cool but it's just a few degrees below normal. After blisteringly hot June 2021, I think that I will have to prefer this. It's often the case for me to start complaining that it just isn't warming up about this time of year. We will see if I'm still complacent in a week or so.

:) Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
last night the forecast was for a slight chance of rain. anything would be appreciated. i went to bed early as i was worn out. woke up some time ago to the sound of rain. went back to sleep, woke up again, raining again, it's been a gentle soaking rain so far. very much needed and appreciated. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
December 17th, measuring the shadow of a 72" tall object:

A shadow just before 1 December of something just over 72" was 205" long. Today, it's 209" long.
Today, a half an hour after High Noon (Hey, the sun didn't break through the heavy clouds until 1:15 PM Daylight Saving Time ;)) a shadow of a 72" object was 42 " long!

:) Steve

zlight.png

But, less Guilt, now that it's the Growing Season!

Last edited:

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Almost an inch of rain yesterday ... I realize that this may not seem all that unusual to many folks in other locations but there is quite a difference in early June this year.

And last year? Well, it was a record-setting heat wave a year ago yesterday with some bigger records to set later in the month. It was 92°f (33°C) in 2021. Barely made it above 50 to 52°f (11°C) in 2022. Nearly had a record LOW this morning! Interstate 90 has snow and freezing temperatures on the pass into MT.

So, is this the new normal? One year record all-time highs, the next, lows? How about for Winters ? Yikes!

Steve
It’s been the opposite for us. Last June was incredibly rainy and cold. We had flooding and a few days with lows in the 50s which is practically unheard of here for late June. This year it’s been in the upper 90s for about 3 weeks and we’ve only gotten a significant rain fall once early in the month. Admittedly we got 7-8 inches in that one 48hr period though. Today the high is 92 tomorrow is supposed to be 97.

Latest posts