Your Weather, 2024

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Unpleasant day, outdoors. It was 37⁰f at 5:00, 37⁰f at noon (3⁰C).

Snow fell for a couple of hours but had stopped by 10. Those hours followed overnight rain that left puddles on the roads.

Our near record high minimums and maximums during the first few days of April are completely out the window.

Steve, who will wait to move tomatoes out of 4-packs into pots. supposed to be 50⁰f (10⁰c) tomorrow afternoon, should be as warm in the greenhouse without turning the heat on 🤞 , and we will all have to come back in the house afterwards :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kathleen has arrived. Apart from more wind wrecking everywhere there's no difference but a little heavier rain. Rain is a constant here for the last 6 months plus

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
There was a chance of rain today but it never materialized, so a lovely day in the garden. I transplanted 20 Rossa Friulana lettuce seedlings and sowed a bunch of peas, carrots, and dill. There is rain in the forecast for several days to come-- so everything that I planted will be well watered. 😊

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
My DD and family were in Wash DC all last week, for spring break. They had two OK days and then massive rain every single day after that! They said it was impossible to look up at the statue of Liberty when the wind is whipping the huge rain across and down your eyes and face.

Here, we had a large cell pass SW to NE right over top of us. There was a funnel nearby (didn't touch down), and huge rain drops for over an hour. Our shop is swamped with rain cus the previous owners didn't put a french drain in at the base of the back slope that comes up against the metal building. Alot of son's moving boxes are soaked. We'll have to go thru them and repack and get them higher up on some shelving.

Wild Spring Weather for sure!!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
next two days forecast for 70F highs, then 65F for Wed. later on another day at 68F... some rain chances tonight and this week. i'm ok with all of it but worried about how hot this summer is going to get... (not that i can change the weather, but i'll have to work around it...)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
This is what we saw in our neck of the woods, 98.4% partial eclipse
1712629246673.png

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had near record warmth only 3-4 days ago. Two days of wind blew those high 70's away (20's centigrade). We are told that the thermometer made it to 50⁰f (10⁰C) yesterday.

At 4AM, it is well below freezing, no wind and a lovely moon setting in the west.

Cool season plants only in the greenhouse. I don't  think that I will have to turn the heat on but ... it remains to be seen.

Steve
PS, An earlier prediction of a slight chance of rain/snow had been dropped by Tuesday AM but then we had 30 seconds of snow midday. I'm not kidding :D. I was out the backdoor on my way to run an errand. Decided to wait to see what the snow situation would amount to. Walked back in and to the front window. The snowstorm had stopped.

Last edited:

Latest posts