Your Weather, 2024

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Had a tornado watch until 2am, just got heavy rains, thankfully.

The problem for me is the close to freezing temps the next couple of mornings. Going to have to pack up plants and herbs from the stand into the car and bring them home, I guess. Limited produce covered with sheets and tarps should be enough.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The snow was coming down as slush here, in big clumps like wet snowballs, You could feel those snowballs hit, and hear them on the roof of the car - kind of like soft hail. The wet snow stuck to everything, almost like an ice storm. I lost a lot of tree branches (one fell on my car) and there were a lot of power lines down. I'm down with the crud (again) and have no urgent commitments, so I'll wait to see how much snow melts in the next day or two before attempting to shovel my way out.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The snow was coming down as slush here, in big clumps like wet snowballs, You could feel those snowballs hit, and hear them on the roof of the car - kind of like soft hail. The wet snow stuck to everything, almost like an ice storm. I lost a lot of tree branches (one fell on my car) and there were a lot of power lines down. I'm down with the crud (again) and have no urgent commitments, so I'll wait to see how much snow melts in the next day or two before attempting to shovel my way out.

yikes... i hope the car wasn't damaged too much?

and yeah, crud going around. nothing serious so far, but i can tell things aren't right... be good to yourself. :)

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The branch that fell on my car was only 1" wide, so no damage. To judge by all of the low-bent branches I shook snow off of (which then bounced back up) the branch didn't fall far. Fortunately for me, the utility line tree trimmers had just come through the day before (well timed!!!) or there would likely have been more damage.

My replacement vehicle is in much more danger from bad drivers than from weather. I've already been nearly hit several times, by people running red lights, going straight in turn-only lanes, and crossing the line into my lane. To top that off, BOTH bumpers have already been tagged while parked, damaging some of the parking sensors. There seems to be an outbreak of infectious motorized lunacy.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The branch that fell on my car was only 1" wide, so no damage. To judge by all of the low-bent branches I shook snow off of (which then bounced back up) the branch didn't fall far. Fortunately for me, the utility line tree trimmers had just come through the day before (well timed!!!) or there would likely have been more damage.

My replacement vehicle is in much more danger from bad drivers than from weather. I've already been nearly hit several times, by people running red lights, going straight in turn-only lanes, and crossing the line into my lane. To top that off, BOTH bumpers have already been tagged while parked, damaging some of the parking sensors. There seems to be an outbreak of infectious motorized lunacy.
Good that the tree branch didn't damage your car, but awful about the bad driver dangers. No matter how safe you drive, there are always those who don't. They drive among us. Here's hoping your poor car has seen the last of bad driver attacks.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Very Windy and Very Wet. I put the ponies in their stalls yesterday--my mare was reluctant and I almost walked out in the muck to Beat her, but she moseyed around the barn and made it to her stall--they are still there.
I keep adding straw. My stall cleaner doesn't care. He has enough bedding to clean and rebed 1 more time and I may buy some more fine pine shavings next week.
Tomorrow they will be outside. I was the first to mow, now everybody else has mowed ahead of me.

Latest posts