Your Weather, 2024

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
2 inches of rain yesterday, according to the sweet feed rubber tubs.
Everything is soaked, but all grass (and weed) areas are soaking it up and greening up.
Below 32 tomorrow night and Sunday night, then up the 70's.
Time soon to use weed killer on the stones area between the sidewalk and the house.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was trying to decide if I would be envious to have 70⁰f (21⁰C) weather but ;) decided to leave well-enough alone.

We may see 50f (50C) next week. I checked on mid-week and it would be record highs if it was into the 70's. I did notice that some of the record lows for the week were in 2009 — it was 2⁰f (-17C)!!

Steve, pleased with the sunshine here just now & wondering about what i said on TEG about 2⁰ in mid-March, 2009 🥶

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That reading was as we were transitioning to the new Calendar Redirection Annual Prediction Thermometer.

CRAPT will capture the research of the isTRUTHio Commission to Reality, baby! Something we have all been looking forward to.

Screenshot_20240310_053938_Chrome.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
As daylight lightened the landscape, I looked out to see hail covering roofs and the yard. It didn't stay long although it was 29°f (-2°C) at that moment.

The Weather Service really missed on the forecast for yesterday at my house. First, they said we could expect a 90% chance of rain for Tuesday. That was reduced to 80% by yesterday morning. As far as I know, it didn't rain or snow 0ne Drop or Flake here at home. So, I guess the hail overnight was the WS trying to make up for the miss ...

It was 50°f (10°C ;)) this afternoon but catching a break from the recent windy days, our quiet sunny day sure seemed pleasant and warm. Next will be even warmer weather and sunshine with a few freezing mornings – that's the forecast, anyway. This afternoon, the snow, as well as that recent hail, is completely gone again. It was still in shady areas this morning but the day was just too pleasant for it to stick around in longer.

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
All we have had all week is rain ans drizzle with a grey sky.
I'm really hoping tomorrow will be a better day so I can get my garden strimmed. It's looking really neglected lately

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
All we have had all week is rain ans drizzle with a grey sky.
I'm really hoping tomorrow will be a better day so I can get my garden strimmed. It's looking really neglected lately
I've started my clean up of what is left of my (flower) garden after the woodchuck demolished it last year. We've had beautiful weather the past few days 70s! But the rain returns tonight. DH is regrading the 'parking lot' of the produce stand, and new stone is on order.

If we can get one full week of non rainy weather we could get most of the projects done.

Sunshine makes me happy!

Latest posts