2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow, Ojo de Tigre has only mature and yellowing pods but it's putting out more flowers today! I think it got a second wind!

Last edited:

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Smith River Super Speckle is getting attacked by mice!!! I peeked under the cover to see how they were progressing and mice had nibbled on most of them under there. This means war!!

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Annette (after midnight) lately? I'm a little worried about her since I haven't talked to her lately and she hasn't answered my emails.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, Ojo de Tigre has only mature and yellowing pods but it's putting out more flowers today! I think it got a second wind!

some beans are indeterminant enough that they'll keep going until the frost takes them down if the conditions are ok for them to keep growing.

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
some beans are indeterminant enough that they'll keep going until the frost takes them down if the conditions are ok for them to keep growing.
I'm amazed because last year after the first round they were done, then I reseeded around this time and those only did one round, too

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smith River Super Speckle is getting attacked by mice!!! I peeked under the cover to see how they were progressing and mice had nibbled on most of them under there. This means war!!

are you sure it is mice and not rats? around here mice may nibble on some pods here or there (along with the chipmunks), but usually it is rare that they do significant enough damage that i put out traps to thin them out. with all of our rocks/habitat it is impossible for me to completely eliminate the mice.

snap traps with peanut butter do work though.

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We'll find out tomorrow. We have swamp rats here and those things get huge. Haven't seen them in a few years.

Lol, let me clarify they're not actuals swamp rats. It's a local term for normal rat species but they seem to be huge compared to normal rats and they live in the nearby wetlands

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Annette (after midnight) lately? I'm a little worried about her since I haven't talked to her lately and she hasn't answered my emails.

i wrote her some time ago to check on her and to say hello but have not recently. we were not in regular contact before so i did not really want to intrude too much, but i did want her to know i was thinking of her and missed her. she did reply, but that was a ways back.