Baymule's 2017 Garden Thread

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've made dandelion wine once, it was surprisingly good. Dandelion jelly is a regular here. Never tried the tea and probably won't. I drink coffee instead, juts not a tea person.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I planted 29 Cherokee Purple tomato plants in one of the trellis. I counted 54 Mortgage Lifter tomato plants and I didn't have enough trellis left for them. So I drove in T-posts and I'll go up with string as they grow. Got all 54 planted! I've been doing the Butt-Scootin'-Boogie in the garden today!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
checked in on my tomato starts & the 1st tray planted about 2 weeks ago are coming up. about 2-3 plants of each per pot with a total of 18 pots in each tray. i have 2 trays of tomatoes but i only got the 2nd tray done less than a week ago. i just noticed last night there were holes in the corner of the tray & when i watered all of it just leaked out. :th

you're much further ahead than me. i will have patience & do some more armchair gardening just watching your thread Bay.

Last edited:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought a t-post puller for $35 and borrow my dad's t-post pounder, so we use them for tomato stakes too. Now those will hold up to anything! I got tired of paying for stakes that break too easily and don't last but a year or two.

Have you ever had the dandelion blooms frittered? (Apparently you can fritter just about anything.) They're pretty good! We made the dandelion syrup 2 years ago. It does amazingly taste like honey. I haven't tried the jelly or wine yet. Tea made from the roots is not very tasty really, but it is good for your liver and kidneys. I think it helps my pollen allergies too.

Latest posts