common sense is out the window

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
grrrrrrrr........ thank god this week is over

yesterday was told i would have to do the gso shuttle in the morning.. no problem so made a to do list.....
at 6 am today got a call dont have to do it... cool off to the 49 store.. both gilligan and the panel person did not have much to say to me...
oh boo hoo..
we cleaned all the scrap wood up from the latest project and sent it up the hill to the burn pile<we are going to have a county inspector come monday for what the plumber did> we have moved a lot a round and of course you really need a licensed to do what has been done..

of course both of the restrooms had electrical outlets in them...both where closer then 3' from a sink, so changed them to gfi receptacles, in hopes the inspector does not get to nosey on whats been done.....
while changing them out noticed the two just cut a full sheet of paneling for the closet at the end of the hallway....
this is after i told the panel person to use the pieces from the others sheets they screwed up.....

we didn't want to have a seam......
ballistic time..... if you were paying 40.00 a sheet put up in your house would you want all that waste? so far you two have wasted 5 sheets yum thats 200.00, i know it's not your money but come on you are being very wasteful.....

back to wiring the receptacles could hear them cutting a panel for the other wall on my table saw...they broke the switch<snapped it clean off>
well you could just put longer screw into....laughing.

this is why i hate using my stuff because of disrespectful people.....

did a quick repair so it was safe to use.....

called the owner about if he wanted to reuse the old molding..explained to him the old molding is stained in dark oak and it would not match the birch paneling thats being put up..
he agreed told him i would see him in about a hour since we are doing a rubber dust trailer switch out around 1 pm...

hell no we will are still training on the buffer all today you need to change that.....ok grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
called the people who we are selling the rubber dust too<i need to know where the driver is and his eta....>
found out they were not going to need the buffer today.... ran into the owner <well things are going to work out they dont need the buffer....

oh good you can go back to the 49 store then...
no need to stay here for the trailer switch out being our first time with this company....
ok what are you going to do till then.....
ummm maintenance....
okay...

for some strange reason i know the trucking company would not make their time slot.... got the keys to one of the tractors and moved to the other side of the gate, hooked up to their spare trailer...< that was one of my stipulations to switching over to this company that we had 2 trailers> 1 in use and 1 for back-up just in case they could not meet a 3 week turn around due to weather...

got a call at 2;15...
our driver is about 5 hours out will somebody be there?..

we close at 5pm and will not reopen till monday morning...from what i was told your driver picked up the trailer in wisconsin wednesday morning, your driver had 20 hours of driving time to get here... got a sorry ass excuse

okay this time only will move the trailer to the otherside of the fence and have your driver drop the empty trailer in the parking lot on the other side of the road..... but from now on have a driver to show up at the time slot otherwise they will be sitting at a truck stop all weekend....

yes i understand.....

wonder how this is going to work out......
....oh dang it's beer thirty and i'm off the clock....alls good

garden on people......:frow:frow:frow

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well getting into the short rows on this project.... a couple contractors plumber/electrician had to pull permits which put us behind a couple weeks..thank goodness the inspector was a easy going person, he was impressed on some of the work i did,even though i was not licensed.

before...
img_0985-jpg.24203

after
IMG_1176.JPG

before..
img_0988-jpg.24201

new paneling though the main hallway and installed the bronze tinted safety glass looking out into the shop, the only thing missing is the split glass slider in the manager's office...
after.
IMG_1177.JPG

the owner and g/m where very happy about the glass this morning.....
IMG_1175.JPG

monday the tile people are coming in to install, once they are done the plumber can setting fixtures in the restrooms, and the painter to do the popcorn ceiling the electrician can finish his wiring, after that the inspector can sign off. of course still need to do the molding around the doors and corners and install the air compressor and air dryers...

now i just found out that the air compressors/air dryer and storage tanks need to be moved in the conover store.....to much noise
grrrrrr..... told the owner that was a bad spot for them,,but nnnooo thats where he wanted them..:he:he:he
what a pain in the ass to move those sob's to the new spot, a lot of time went into setting and plumbing them. not to mention money.
compressors-jpeg.14308

oh lord i love my job.....

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

monday the tile people are coming in to install, once they are done the plumber can setting fixtures in the restrooms, and the painter to do the popcorn ceiling the electrician can finish his wiring, after that the inspector can sign off. of course still need to do the molding around the doors and corners and install the air compressor and air dryers...

now i just found out that the air compressors/air dryer and storage tanks need to be moved in the conover store.....to much noise
grrrrrr..... told the owner that was a bad spot for them,,but nnnooo thats where he wanted them..:he:he:he
what a pain in the ass to move those sob's to the new spot, a lot of time went into setting and plumbing them. not to mention money.
compressors-jpeg.14308

oh lord i love my job.....

can't put a wall with some soundproofing/insulation around them?

Latest posts