Cow manure

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My two cents. If it is two years old and truly composted there is no manure left in there. It is now compost. But if it smells like manure it is not composted. I've seen some "cow compost" in bags that is still pretty fresh.

Sand is different, it's just bits of rock. Those with delicate stomachs might want to quit reading, but every bit of non-sand dirt out there is rotted flora, rotted fauna, or rotted poop. Bugs, bird, and who knows what else are pooping in your garden and on your veggies and fruit all the time. There are very few pathogens that we are likely to get from them but just rinse the darn stuff off and enjoy it. It is good, especially compared to the stuff from the store.

@Ridgerunner yep, eventually all humus and then eventually broken down to base minerals, but that is quite a long process, h
Most of the ecoli outbreaks are due to untrained, illegal help who never are taught proper sanitation. America wants cheap food.

i'd like to see some actual documentation on this claim since from what i have read that doesn't seem to be the case.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner yep, eventually all humus and then eventually broken down to base minerals, but that is quite a long process, h

i'd like to see some actual documentation on this claim since from what i have read that doesn't seem to be the case.
Just go read the accounts. Migrants were crapping in Field as they didn’t want to lose time-paid by it3m picked. Never wash after picking. Common. Why I don’t like fresh vegetables in stores. Don’t get me started on imported produce.......

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed i watched a PBS special about that. Blamed the landowner for not having portable toilets for workers to use.
Think there is a LOT OF BLAME to go around. Once again, profits before safety. When I see ads on TV showing a white, middle aged couple with young kids spouting off about their care, I want to gag.... they are actors.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm not doing your work for you, if you make the claim put up the facts/studies or admit you're just blowing hot air.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug Really don’t care what you think. Raised around Stokleys, etc. Here tomatoes, potatoes, green beans etc raised. See it. Also have certified “organic” around me, I will leave that hypocrisy alone. Most of America doesn’t want to know the facts about the food industry-& USA has the cleanest food in world.

https://health.howstuffworks.com/food-nutrition/ecoli-spinach.htm

Just google causes of E Coli outbreaks in USA, not hard.

Quick question, what restaurant has the highest E Coli contamination’s in USA. Hint-they serve organic. Chipotle.

Latest posts