DH

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I bet he is so happy to be home!

It is hard to have faith and trust in the doctors. They just seem to throw so many pills at you. My dad was very suspicious of all the meds he had to take. It was all I could do to get him to go to the ER for the 2 blood clots he had, much less take the meds. You just wonder how all those things work together. Then to find out that your hubby's brain bleed could have been prevented. Thank God it wasn't worse. Sometimes I think the doctors don't really know what to do for it either. They just follow the protocol, but everyone's body handles things differently.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I bet he is so happy to be home!

It is hard to have faith and trust in the doctors. They just seem to throw so many pills at you. My dad was very suspicious of all the meds he had to take. It was all I could do to get him to go to the ER for the 2 blood clots he had, much less take the meds. You just wonder how all those things work together. Then to find out that your hubby's brain bleed could have been prevented. Thank God it wasn't worse. Sometimes I think the doctors don't really know what to do for it either. They just follow the protocol, but everyone's body handles things differently.

They do have to follow protocol. I do not understand when I read somewhere where a patient is given a lower dose because cannot tolerate it and then these doctors say it will not work at a lower dose. At least the oncologist is not in charge of it this time, the neurosurgeon is.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH is home. He is really tired, but he walks good around the house. He walked from the car to the house. He is not confused. He is sleeping now. I think it will take a couple of days of sleep to get rested up. He has appointments with oncologist and neurosurgeon on Wednesday. We will find out the new plans. Makes me so mad that this happened. It did not have to. I asked and asked, can't he be on a lower dose of Lovenox and nurses kept telling me no. They had him on 0.8 twice a day with nosebleeds, bruising and this caused the bleeding in his head. I told them the cancer medicine caused bleeding. They gave me the paper themselves with information not to give him aspirin, and now after all this, he has been through surgery and laying in bed, where he would be way more likely to get a blood clot, and they have him on only 0.4 mg once a day and no blood clots. I was so happy to hear it was only once a day and such a small dose. No nosebleeds now and all could have been prevented if they would just use common sense and read and understand these medicines.
I would be very upset. SO important for family to be on top of these things.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
There are several things that thin the blood including drinking enough water~I'm using Termeric at present because it has other good effects, not because I think I need a blood thinner. Almost twenty years ago a doctor decided I should take Coumadin, I never did.

Folks said: Stay far as you can from Doctors and Lawyers!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Folks said: Stay far as you can from Doctors and Lawyers!

Its so hard to trust anyone these days, but you know there are good doctors for every bad one. My son's teacher told me to take my son to the doctor to test for ADD, ADHD and a bunch of other stuff. She was so sure the fact that he hated her and was wiggley, was because he needed drugged up to his eyeballs.

The doctor was really cool, checked my son over thoroughly, and made a number of prescriptions for him.

#1: Sent a formal letter to the school requesting punishment not include his recess being removed, as it was every day.
#2: Extra exercise time including visiting the park every day.
#3: Melatonin for sleeping problems. (He has nightmares due to a family loss) Fish oil as a mood stabilizer
#4: Maybe change the teacher.

We implemented all these changes and magically he is doing fantastic now. No longer hitting other kids in school, he has never called his new teacher names, at all. (He called the old one "stupid" regularly.)

He's able to focus in school with the extra exercise, and the fish oil/melatonin works like a charm. No drugs. It was awesome.

Now if we could just clone her and make all doctors like that!

Latest posts