Heads-up @Baymule, I'm studying your pig threads

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does @ninnymary (your adopted) approve of color? Bet she doesn’t of covering that color up. (From link)

Nice, agree with you hubby about window-nice touch.
That red and green board made me think of the mexican flag, haha. The fact that it's not painted doesn't bother me that much. But what does is that the tin doesn't extend all the way. :p aye aye aye.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing this post! I do like the color. Any color is better than none. You should know that Seed. ;)

Mary
Seed means this one.....our 3 year old grand daughter picked out the color. LOL LOL

ae47ea73-e01d-4f71-b25f-5d50d0dd429f-jpeg.8772

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
At the open end of the hoop coop you will need to make some kind of a doorway to stabilize the open end. At our old house, I added a hoop run to the coop and used concrete wire at the open end, then went over it with hardware cloth. My thought for you is to use the concrete wire to close off the non-doorway part of the end.

View attachment 30233

Put the wire up against the opening and hog ring in place where the wire meets the cow panel. Cut the wire to fit, leaving long wires for wrapping around the end of the cow panel.

View attachment 30234

View attachment 30235
If you didnt use pvc, whats are those black curved poles in the last picture?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you didnt use pvc, whats are those black curved poles in the last picture?
What black curved poles? What picture?

Open this link and look at the first few pictures, they show how the cow panels bow up and form a hoop. I stapled them to the bottom wood frame, then hog ringed them together. Building the front and back further stabilized the coop. No PVC. Ask any questions you want, I will do my best to answer. :thumbsup

https://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/hoop-coop.18291/

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
What black curved poles? What picture?

Open this link and look at the first few pictures, they show how the cow panels bow up and form a hoop. I stapled them to the bottom wood frame, then hog ringed them together. Building the front and back further stabilized the coop. No PVC. Ask any questions you want, I will do my best to answer. :thumbsup

https://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/hoop-coop.18291/

Look at the last two photos in post #27. The close-ups make the wire look like poles. I can understand the mistake.

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They dont look like cattle panel. There is a difference between one side and the other. Looks like very thick black pipe and you dont see the crosswire of the panels. Just wondered.

Latest posts