Thanksgiving Battle

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mom called brother, asked him what he was doing for Thanksgiving. He said probably going to jump off a bridge. In the background, he and gf were fighting. Said he would try to come. Gf stole all his guns and pawned them. That's a relief. They'll be less likely to end up on the news. :rolleyes:
This makes my family look pretty fantastic. Sorry for your drama and stress.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Speaking of OCD, my sister's husband's brother's wife recently took their 3 kids and moved to Texas, living with a family she met on the Internet. She had lived the past few months with the kids in an RV parked in their driveway because she is convinced that the house they bought and remodeled is riddled with toxic black mold. He continues to live in the house alone. She would make him change his clothes before he came to the RV to visit. He doesn't want to sell the house, but she'll not move back until he does. She also has Orthorexia, an obsession with "right eating". She always brought her own food anytime she came to any of our family gatherings. Her kids had their first ever S'more at one of our cookouts, had to eat it quick before she caught them. What do you have to do to get someone like that committed? Seriously! o_O
My son's wife is so wonderful-a MI's dream. He had a few less stable a long the way. I never interfered but when it was over I merely said that good mental health was more important than most anything else in a partner. I hope he can get her help or get the kids.Probably a professional mold assessment would do nothing to sway her..

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't have Thanksgiving with my dad anymore, but if I could spend just one more hour with him he could bring anything that was important to him into my house, even if it was his herd of wild swine.

I'm just feeling a little blue about knowing that I won't ever get to have another Thanksgiving with my folks on this earth.

My dad died the day after Christmas in 1975. My mother has been gone since 2004. She was the Thanksgiving person who made it special and my dad, he loved to eat. My mother made a big thing of making dressing and the first year she was gone it was so hard. Kind of like DH. My mother and DH both died in August, so both close to Thanksgiving. My parents, what I would give to see them. DB, DS and I are just going to do as usual. Try to be happy. DD is kind of causing trouble, but not her fault. I am okay with it. She is making her own Thanksgiving at home. She is coming by here to see us, go home and eat and then they are not going to his parents house until late. Normally SIL has his sister at home helping his mother. I think 4 brothers live at home, parents and 3 sisters all gone. His mother I guess is depressed. They thought SIL and DD would be over. DD is kind of the merrymaker in our house and without her nothing is the same. DH was the one I cooked for. He loved to eat and all the things I like. DS is like pumpkin pie and chocolate pie. Pecan pie, sweet potato pie no way. Dressing no way. DB is anymore everything is not healthy, sugar is bad. I am just cooking and whatever gets ate gets ate. Today is okay. I am talking to DD about cooking and things texting back and forth. Christmas morning might be a little hard without DH, but we are getting through all this pretty good. DD and DS don't talk much and I found out DD woke up in the middle of the night crying and did not even tell her husband and cried all alone in the other room. Prayed for God to make it better and she said she felt hugged. DS is kind of quiet, but he dreamed about his dad the other night and told me, so I think he is coping okay. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Was just going to post I agree with Thistle. lol But I know what you mean about your dad.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, family is so important. I feel deeply for those who are estranged or have no family. We've invited several people that would otherwise have been alone. Not sure all will show up, but the option is there.

Thankful for all the blessings I've been given. Some days are harder than others but all in all I'm doing better than many and I do have family with me.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My dad died the day after Christmas in 1975. My mother has been gone since 2004. She was the Thanksgiving person who made it special and my dad, he loved to eat. My mother made a big thing of making dressing and the first year she was gone it was so hard. Kind of like DH. My mother and DH both died in August, so both close to Thanksgiving. My parents, what I would give to see them. DB, DS and I are just going to do as usual. Try to be happy. DD is kind of causing trouble, but not her fault. I am okay with it. She is making her own Thanksgiving at home. She is coming by here to see us, go home and eat and then they are not going to his parents house until late. Normally SIL has his sister at home helping his mother. I think 4 brothers live at home, parents and 3 sisters all gone. His mother I guess is depressed. They thought SIL and DD would be over. DD is kind of the merrymaker in our house and without her nothing is the same. DH was the one I cooked for. He loved to eat and all the things I like. DS is like pumpkin pie and chocolate pie. Pecan pie, sweet potato pie no way. Dressing no way. DB is anymore everything is not healthy, sugar is bad. I am just cooking and whatever gets ate gets ate. Today is okay. I am talking to DD about cooking and things texting back and forth. Christmas morning might be a little hard without DH, but we are getting through all this pretty good. DD and DS don't talk much and I found out DD woke up in the middle of the night crying and did not even tell her husband and cried all alone in the other room. Prayed for God to make it better and she said she felt hugged. DS is kind of quiet, but he dreamed about his dad the other night and told me, so I think he is coping okay. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Was just going to post I agree with Thistle. lol But I know what you mean about your dad.

:hugs There are a lot of "firsts" for you and your kids to go through. I think holidays are hardest because they are the milestones we measure life by. Remembering all the past holidays and the family traditions that now have to be adjusted.

My dad died the day before Thanksgiving, 4 years ago on Monday.
That first Thanksgiving went okay because it hadn't really sunk in that he was really gone.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Speaking of OCD, my sister's husband's brother's wife recently took their 3 kids and moved to Texas, living with a family she met on the Internet. She had lived the past few months with the kids in an RV parked in their driveway because she is convinced that the house they bought and remodeled is riddled with toxic black mold. He continues to live in the house alone. She would make him change his clothes before he came to the RV to visit. He doesn't want to sell the house, but she'll not move back until he does. She also has Orthorexia, an obsession with "right eating". She always brought her own food anytime she came to any of our family gatherings. Her kids had their first ever S'more at one of our cookouts, had to eat it quick before she caught them. What do you have to do to get someone like that committed? Seriously! o_O

Your sister's husband's brother needs to go get the kids "for the day" and make like a bread truck and haul buns back home. File for divorce, declare her unsuitable, and file for full custody of the children. He also needs to have the house completely checked out and get a written report that the house has no mold. Those children need to have a life and they can't live that life living with her.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugs There are a lot of "firsts" for you and your kids to go through. I think holidays are hardest because they are the milestones we measure life by. Remembering all the past holidays and the family traditions that now have to be adjusted.

My dad died the day before Thanksgiving, 4 years ago on Monday.
That first Thanksgiving went okay because it hadn't really sunk in that he was really gone.

DH's mother started hating holdings. One Thanksgiving her grandson was hit by a car and killed when hitching to her house for Thanksgiving and the next year her husband DH's stepdad died Christmas Eve. I am sorry about your dad and only 4 years ago. :hugs

Latest posts