Thanksgiving Battle

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
wow, some of you certainly have challenges and i understand not doing things with certain people because it is just too much.

i'm thankful for a completely drama less TG. Mom even didn't say a thing about the dog.

alas, the change is hard this year because my niece is gone out west with her hubby and she is the one who talks the most and my brother who is usually also pretty talkative was hurting and not as chipper as he usually is. i'm sure he misses his daughter a lot. they just got back from visiting them out there. still, i am thankful.

the food was all really good. they got a huge turkey on sale and nobody but me likes the dark meat so we have enough turkey leftovers to keep me in turkey sandwiches for several days and will probably freeze some for making other things. :)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked just my dad up at 11am he was back in his house 630 pm. He had a really good time never mentioned the dog. He eat a lot had a glass of wine spent time with grandkids and got to see the new house. My sister moved only a week ago she was very busy getting ready for move and did not give my father the attention he used to ( sometimes she calls him 3x a day) she thinks the whole I bring the dog fight was over him not getting all the attention . On the way home all he kept saying was our proud he was of his kids and what a good time he had.:barnie:he

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think older people just get in a snit because of how things are, in general: They are not in control anymore, they are afraid of the changes happening all around them and to them, they are lonely because all their friends are gone, and they don't feel very good.

Not that most people would ever admit these issues. And not that being old gives them an excuse to be obnoxious, but many see it that way...it's their right, for having lived so long.

I saw a church sign once that I liked and remembered. It said

"Just because you have a pain doesn't mean you have to be one"

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ditto every Sun night i take my dad out to dinner, I try and call him a few times durning the week. My sister is a stay at home mother whose kids are away at school, she handles a lot of his money and bills so she spends a lot more time with him.

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom and @journey11 I completely know what you are saying/feeling. It has been 3 years since
Dad passed on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Services where on the Tuesday before. Also a week before what would have been Mom and Dad's Anniversary. We where all so Thankful he was no longer suffering from the Pancreatic cancer and able to spend Thanksgiving and their anniversary together. :love Mom preceded Dad by 2 1/2 years. (Right before Easter.) Somehow many family members have passed near or even on a major Holiday. A great Grandmother on Christmas Day, a Grandmother buried on Christmas eve. Mom near Easter, Dad near Thanksgiving. Yet it is all good. We have the many happy and wonderful memories and they are celebrating in Heaven. Where we will all gather one day.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
One Thanksgiving the flu was going around. I was the only one able to work. I worked the whole day at closing I was very hungry. I went to dinner in White Plains not even sure they would be open. i was surprised at how many cars where in the parking lot. The dinner was filled, i noticed everyone there was either woman over 60 or guys under 30.

Latest posts