What are you eating from the garden today?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a beautiful color there Jackb. I'm disappointed that for the first time I'm having to pick my tomatoes as soon as they have the slightest color. Otherwise I'm afraid the rats will get them. :(

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your tomatoes look so good, jackb! You are right. Eaten warm from the garden, tomatoes are delicious.

Mine? Still looking for the first red one. Went hornworm hunting yesterday. Made way too many chickens happy.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tomatoes...warm from the garden. Going to dehydrate some of them today as well.

Yellow straight neck squash, tender and young like I like 'em.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jack, did you say earlier what kind of tomatoes those are? They look great. About 3 times the size of mine. :oops:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're having a couple over for supper tonight. A rare thing for us. I am grilling some chicken breast, not from our garden. Made a peach cobbler, not from our garden. But the potato salad is, and the cucumber salad is, and the sliced tomatoes are.
DH is trying to perfect his margarita making. Making a mess in my unusually clean kitchen.
I can make really good meals when it's just the two of us, but other folks coming seems to take away my creative skills. (When nobody is looking, I'm great! Haha)
At least I made a beautiful bouquet from the garden.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good for you lucky I love having people over. If it is not BBQ I buy trays of food and just heat up. I found the magic bullet makes the best frozen margarita !!! If the margaritas are good no one notices if the food is not prefect. Are you eating inside or out ? Don't worry about things just enjoy having company :p

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Prepared the squash for lunch...dipped in buttermilk and rolled in white flour and cornmeal, seasoned with various spices and salt. It came out golden and crisp on the outside and melting like butter on the inside. Best squash I've ever had...I'll be using buttermilk again, for sure.

Ma ate hers with a tomato and some coleslaw but I just ate the squash, it was that good. Got 5 trays of tomatoes in the dehydrator, can't wait to see how they turn out.

Hope to pick up some sweet corn next week from the farmstand for the canning. They can grow more and grow it bigger than I can here and the prices are good, so I don't mind having to buy it from them...they pick it fresh daily, so it's sweet and fresh. It's well worth it when it comes out of the jar tasting like I just cut it off the cob, with that summer sweetness and crispness that you can never get from frozen corn.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
A quart of last year's tomato/okra 'soup starter' (drained well) + a pint of last week's corn + a bit of pasta + basil, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder + a GOOD shake of parm cheese = an AMAZING pasta salad for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stir fry of onions, Cubanella peppers and Swiss chard, a salad with some tomatoes from the garden, very small, but red, onions and cucumbers. Pickled some banana peppers and put in frig, and have a cucumber and onions in brine. Forgot, eating potatoes and kale from the garden too.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
A quart of last year's tomato/okra 'soup starter' (drained well) + a pint of last week's corn + a bit of pasta + basil, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder + a GOOD shake of parm cheese = an AMAZING pasta salad for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.
Welllll - guess what I JUST realized that I left at home this AM.... :rant

Latest posts