What are you eating from the garden today?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made a chocolate zucchini Texas sheet cake. This is really good. No more chocolate zucchini bread. http://www.littledairyontheprairie.com/zucchini-texas-sheet-cake/

I also pickled some banana peppers. I did not have jalapeno, so used banana peppers. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/221961/quick-pickled-jalapeno-rings/?lnkid=usspnt

Had coleslaw, boiled new potatoes, green beans, salad with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cucumbers all from the garden, and I made hamburger steak with onions and gravy and the onions were from the garden.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday we had the first corn from the garden...sweet, crisp and lovely. Also had a tomato sandwich, using a Pruden's Purple, which turn out to be a pale pink color instead of purplish. Don't know who called them purple, but no doubt it was some color blind man.

Will have new red spuds today, along with more corn and tomatoes.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some times your food is also a work of art. Purple climbing beans-so easy to see to pick.
purple beans.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes. I would really enjoy those for dinner and just to look at ...

That photo should be a Picture of the Week, @catjac1975 !

I really wish that DW had an interest in more flavorful beans. This year, I kinda gave up growing just a few plants for me, alone. The other day I said that the first beans of the season made me think that they are my favorite veggie. I've had her mild-flavored bush beans several times now and I'm already thinking about something different. Fickle, I am.

Steve
Ah ha! You already submitted for a POW!

Last edited:

Latest posts