What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love planting sugar snaps but I never get any because DH and the Wildbunch always eats them off the vine, lol. I'm lucky to get a couple of pods to snack on.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I never get any because they don't grow and produce for me....I'd be delighted if they produced and folks ate them! :D We like to cut up sugar snap peas into our salads, so that's the only reason I want to grow them, but sadly, every year nothing happens....piddly little vines come up and no peas to be found. :(

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's because they are a northern crop.....can't stand the heat....

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
WV....northern most southern state, southern most northern state. Sugar snap peas should do fine here in the spring, as we usually have very cool springs. ;) I just have some crappy soil.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Probably not and, when soaked 24 hrs as they recommend prior to planting, I'm thinking any inoculate would be rinsed off.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I never get any because they don't grow and produce for me....I'd be delighted if they produced and folks ate them! :D We like to cut up sugar snap peas into our salads, so that's the only reason I want to grow them, but sadly, every year nothing happens....piddly little vines come up and no peas to be found. :(
Try starting them indoors next year and transplanting. I would think you could start yours in February, since you are probably zoned higher than me at zone #5.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe skip the soaking. I don't soak mine most the time and they sprout fine. Maybe yours get too wet with soaking and planting in clay soil?

I usually skip the soaking, as the clay soil is always sopping wet anyway....but this year I'm soaking, to see if I can get different results. Without the soaking, they tend to take forever to germinate and then are very slow to grow.

Latest posts