What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if you presprouted them first, and then carefully planted if that would help?

Now, THAT'S too much like work. ;) If it can't come up like a normal seed here on the land, I'm not carefully planting sprouts every 2 in. in a row to get some peas. If they don't grow this year, I'll be striking them off the list of things I can grow here...like sweet onions. I can grow wild onions all over this place, but plant sweet onions and they do nothing. Even garlic doesn't do well here...gets about 6 in. tall, thin and spindly, then turns yellow and sickly looking.

Chives, on the other hand, thrive well here. Go figure. :rolleyes:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
What variety are they?

Sounds like phytophera. Seed treatment may be your only (not much at that as it's attacking early and late)hope.

My folks always wanted rhubarb. I'd give them starts. They would come up, get to almost pulling stage, then wilt and die. Tried insecticides-thinking insects-no help. Just wasn't meant to be. Work with a farmer who has black heavy dirt up here, same thing. I live on sand/gravel, rhubarb flourishes. So after I torment him with pix of first rhubarb crisp, I drop a large bag of rhubarb off. Just last week sent his son a pix of rhubarb coming up with note that I'd tell him how good first crisp was.........

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
There goes seedcorn stirring up the pot again.

Bee, I love sugar snap peas and can't grow them either. Thank goodness Costco has them in large bags.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted 3 varieties of potatoes, 3 varieties of peas, beets, spinach, and onion sets!

:)

The ground was wet but hadn't compacted after the tractor guy tilled it, 2 weeks ago. Following one somewhat sunny but hazy day, tonight, it begins to rain, again ... sprinkles, sprinkles on and on but, I have now sprinkled some seed out there.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kale and cabbage went in this week.

After that one hot day on Thursday, we took a chance with some of the snapdragon plants and some sunflowers. Risky but they both can take a little cold. Snapdragons can take quite a lot.

The peas are beginning to come up!

Steve

Latest posts