What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just HAD to plant something!!! I was going to go crazy.

I put in 6 Calla Lily bulbs, and 8 bare root Lily of the Vally.

It says it was ok now for this zone, so lets hope I wasn't too early... though it looks like we only have one more night near freezing. :D

gone 2 seed

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well I almost started planting today. I went to the feed store this morning and bought brussel sprout and broccoli plants, also onion sets which I wanted to get in the ground today. But the tiller is not running right so it has to go back to the shop this next week. I bought 38 dollars of plants and seeds. And I got:

Brusell sprouts plants
Broccoli plants
Onion sets
peanuts

Seeds:
two types of corn
Shellie beans
two types of cucumbers
carrots,
radishes
lettuce,
zuchini
butternut
orka
collards

I am sure I am missing something.

Can't wait to get planting!!!:watering

WIkalanchoe

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I couldn't wait for winter to be over. Last Tuesday I stuck a few toothpicks in an avocado pit and have it suspended over a water filled glass jar. I have been watching it carefully each day hoping it will sprout. The madness has taken my brain.

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I planted 100 little peat and paper pots of snapdragons, pansy and marigolds today. We want to have flowers on all the graves in the veterans circle in our cemetery for Memorial Day. I'll probably do at least 100 more. :D

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Last week I started Kale, Mizuna, Broccoli Raab and Chard in the garage and manged to get some peas in the ground today because the soil was warn enough to work.

A Nor'Easter is on they way though for Sunday night!

Phyllis

farmerlor

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I've got over a hundred tomato seedlings down in my grow room in the basement. Still have another couple hundred to go and then I have to start on peppers! Yowsa, I should be planting not playing on here! LOL!

smom1976

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:lol:
WIkalanchoe said:
I couldn't wait for winter to be over. Last Tuesday I stuck a few toothpicks in an avocado pit and have it suspended over a water filled glass jar. I have been watching it carefully each day hoping it will sprout. The madness has taken my brain.
:lol: me too!!! just last week..

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Planting 50 tomato plants outside today.

I guess Spring is here in So Cal. better enjoy it before the triple digit temps arrive in July...

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I planted a bunch of tomato seedlings, peppers and herbs thinned out of my regular flats into a separate pot for a co-worker.

She is too pregnant to bend over anymore, and the baby's not due for a few more months, but she wanted to grow at least something this year. If any of these things grow at all, I'll stick a mini-trellis into a spare flowerpot and make a nice patio pot for her.

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
beavis said:
Planting 50 tomato plants outside today.

I guess Spring is here in So Cal. better enjoy it before the triple digit temps arrive in July...
July??? Wow lucky you we can hit triples in May, usually June though.

Grapefruit tree & Fuji apple trees planted this weekend, still have a lemon tree to plant this week.

Latest posts